THC gummies

Hello guys, I'll have a HT done in 2.5 weeks. doctor says no vitamins or blood thinners. a week before surgery. I was wondering if THC edibles are also bad for pre surgery. Does anyone know if THC edibles have an effect? Ive been on THC and CBD for months now. helps me relax. I didnt ask the Doctor wanna ask you guys maybe you know. and another question. should i stop Finasteride too a week before Surgery? thanks for the help

I’ve never seen or heard a doctor recommend that a patient stop taking finasteride prior to or after surgery. In fact, most physicians recommend starting finasteride six months to a year before surgery to help thicken up and strengthen existing native hair.

Also, marijuana has been known to be an anticoagulant, a.k.a. a natural blood thinner. Therefore, whether you smoke it or take it as an edible, I would not recommend marijuana a week or two before or after surgery.  That said, please check with your doctor to get official medical advice.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks Doctor Rahal! my second FUT transplant was with you 12 years ago! you did awesome job on my hairline! I wish I can go to Canada again. but i can afford FUE with you unfortunately. I need 1 more inch hairline. I remembered you said i have plenty left donor just wait 10 more years and see how much hair will remain. Ive been on finastiride since. I remember the nice house we stayed close to your clinic. my fellow parients cooked there and had our own reclining chairs. great experience. I also got to see the Ottawa capitol before we left. thanks Doctor!

• 1 year later...

Hi @feronicadaw, you bring up an essential point about the impact of THC and CBD on surgery, and you're right that it's a topic that remains relevant. It's crucial for individuals to prioritize their health and consult with medical professionals before undergoing any procedures.

On 11/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, Twiligan said:

Hi @feronicadaw, you bring up an essential point about the impact of THC and CBD on surgery, and you're right that it's a topic that remains relevant. It's crucial for individuals to prioritize their health and consult with medical professionals before undergoing any procedures.

For those interested in exploring THC alternatives or other cannabis-related products, they can check out options like Delta-8 gummies at https://www.trythecbd.com/products/delta-8-gummies/. Remember, it's always best to seek expert advice and make informed choices for your well-being.

There is no reason or need to discontinue finasteride before surgery.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

THC edibles might affect surgery similarly to blood thinners, so it's smart to skip them a week before the procedure, just to be safe. CBD might be fine, but always best to run it by your doctor—just shoot them a quick call to double-check. Regarding Finasteride, pausing it a week pre-op is generally recommended, but confirm this with your doc as well. They'll have the tailored advice for your situation.