2000 FUE 1/13/22

HTFL123

Hello,

Many great reviews on this site which I, of course, found after undergoing my own procedure. I don't wish to share too much at this time but am instead hoping for opinions on the work I have had done and perhaps insight into what I should expect moving forward.

Apologies if this is not allowed, I did not see any forum rules, etc. but if a moderator deems this post inappropriate please let me know and I will be happy to amend as needed.

• Administrators

Hard to say based on the pictures. Did a surgeon supervise and perform the surgery?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The doctor was responsible for planning and supervising the surgery but the extraction and implantation was performed by technicians.

They did not quote me a specific graft number going in and instead said they would extract a conservative number which would prevent overharvesting and would leave donor hair available for any future procedures since I am still in my early thirties.

At the conclusion of the surgery they informed me that the graft count was 2000, however, from my admittedly amateur experience comparing against pictures on this site I am wondering if a more aggressive approach would have served me better, and actually am not even sure that I received 2000 grafts.

I understand it is still far too early to tell what my end result will be but, in your estimation, does this appear to be a 2000 graft surgery? I guess I was expecting more density.

Edited by HTFL123

It looks like they drew a conservative hairline (nothing wrong with that). But also I am seeing some less-than ideal density in grafts behind the hairline, on the left side. 

Looks like you are a Norwood 3 or 4ish? Really just throwing out guesses here but I think you could have used a few hundred more grafts. 

It is a large area to fill at high density for 2K grafts. Depending on your goals, you may be happy or you may opt for a second pass. I'm no expert but the work looks fairly clean in the back. The hairline appears a bit too straight for my taste, but that can also be adjusted in the future if you'd like.