How to conceal thin donor area 6 weeks post op

Hey all,

Im ~5.5 weeks post fue transplant (3300 grafts) and right now my donor area is looking pretty patchy. 
I’m unsure if it’s been over harvested or shock loss, but I was looking for tips on how to conceal it as much as possible in the meantime.

Doctor recommended to grow it out longer but since I’m pretty self conscious of it at the moment I was thinking shaving it down may help? Or potentially to use a hair loss concealer? Would be great to get some advice on this for my situation.

Thanks for any help254CECDD-174C-49F8-9DCA-9C490667DC72.jpeg.ba82b555c5e3561e6e59da12699d2814.jpeg

• Like 1

Are you able to just tell your family, friends, coworkers, etc. that you've had a hair transplant? That is the best solution, rather than the stress of concealing anything. 

You may be surprised how little people care that you've had cosmetic surgery. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

A concealer would be hard to pull off because it's meant to go on a thinning area up top and not cover as big a span as your donor.  If you shave your head now you might find that the scalp is still reddish, which would be as noticeable as your shockloss is right now.  In my case, the recipient area was fairly red for two months, but we all vary.  I'd wait it out.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Reedec said:

Hey all,

Im ~5.5 weeks post fue transplant (3300 grafts) and right now my donor area is looking pretty patchy. 
I’m unsure if it’s been over harvested or shock loss, but I was looking for tips on how to conceal it as much as possible in the meantime.

Doctor recommended to grow it out longer but since I’m pretty self conscious of it at the moment I was thinking shaving it down may help? Or potentially to use a hair loss concealer? Would be great to get some advice on this for my situation.

Thanks for any help254CECDD-174C-49F8-9DCA-9C490667DC72.jpeg.ba82b555c5e3561e6e59da12699d2814.jpeg

I would also say grow it out longer to conceal it, not shave.

Thanks for the advice all, I’ll try growing it out and using an aloe Vera gel to help with the redness. I tend to be pretty anxious about things but telling people I’ve had a transplant is probably the best option (if anyone asks).