Does this transplant make sense? 2250 FUT scalp-to-beard

Glad you took our advice to heart as not many do! And avoiding Diep was a blessing in disguise. You would have regretted having surgery with him. Check out Dr Barthougthi as well as he does excellent beard work. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

20 hours ago, BeardHopeful said:

Hey everyone, my update:

I tried minoxidil and dermarolling for a year. I was super consistent, religiously applying twice a day. And in the end, I just didn't see much new hair growth in the cheeks, where I wanted it the most. My chin and mustache did get a bit thicker though, so that's nice. So I'm basically back where I was before. I agree with you all that scalp-to-beard is probably not the smartest use of hair, and that I should instead find someone who transplants neck beard hair to the cheeks. I've reached out to Eugenix, where Dr. Bensal does beard transplants, for a cost estimate. Earlier in this post, Melvin also recommended Dr. Mwamba in Atlanta, True and Dorin in New York, and Umar as well in California. 

Let me know if you all have any other recommendations for drs who have performed beard-to-beard transplants. I'm open to looking outside the US as well. If the price is decent, I might even get some FUE on my temples from the back of my scalp. This was something I had in mind reaching out to Eugenix. Thanks again!

Good to see you didn't go through with this.  I just joined recently and saw your first post and almost had a heart attack and had to respond...only to see that it was dated a while ago and you didn't go through with it.  :)

Coming from a guy with a thick beard who wears it trimmed in a shadow or long and thick...I've never once had any use for my neck hair which I regularly shave. 

So I agree that if you want to do this, you go with a beard-to-beard FUE from neck to face.  

You definitely would have regretted any FUT procedure.  

• 6 months later...
On 2/23/2023 at 8:18 PM, BDK081522 said:

Glad you took our advice to heart as not many do! And avoiding D**** was a blessing in disguise. You would have regretted having surgery with him. Check out Dr Barthougthi as well as he does excellent beard work. 

Hey @BDK081522 I know this is an older comment but I saw in your signature that you had a beard-to-beard transplant with Dr. Konior. Would you be willing to share how that went? I'm not able to PM yet but you could send a PM if you'd rather not share publicly - the reason I'm asking is because I have a scar in my beard that I'd like to cover up with a transplant. I've seen that Dr. K does amazing work and I'd be more than willing to pay a premium to work with him, but I don't know if he normally does beard work or not. I'd be very interested to hear about your experience with him & to hear your thoughts on your final results with the beard-to-beard transplant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, BeardHopeful said:

Hey everyone, my update:

I tried minoxidil and dermarolling for a year. I was super consistent, religiously applying twice a day. And in the end, I just didn't see much new hair growth in the cheeks, where I wanted it the most. My chin and mustache did get a bit thicker though, so that's nice. So I'm basically back where I was before. I agree with you all that scalp-to-beard is probably not the smartest use of hair, and that I should instead find someone who transplants neck beard hair to the cheeks. I've reached out to Eugenix, where Dr. Bensal does beard transplants, for a cost estimate. Earlier in this post, Melvin also recommended Dr. Mwamba in Atlanta, True and Dorin in New York, and Umar as well in California. 

Let me know if you all have any other recommendations for drs who have performed beard-to-beard transplants. I'm open to looking outside the US as well. If the price is decent, I might even get some FUE on my temples from the back of my scalp. This was something I had in mind reaching out to Eugenix. Thanks again!

Update? I’m in the same boat 😊 @BeardHopeful