No pimples four months after a hair transplant? Is this normal?

Hello again everyone, hope you're all enjoying your evening. :)

A lot of people say they get spots and pimples on their recipient area after a hair transplant, that it's new hair pushing through.
What's strange is that this has never happened to me, I've not had noticeable (or large) pimples/spots at all.  Only a tiny red spot once or twice.

Perhaps this doesn't actually happen to everyone?
What are your thoughts (four months post operation)?

image.thumb.png.73384c3065f5651a66071fc3e2e017dc.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

so i was literally going to make this same exact thread 2 weeks ago but spaced out apparently lol.....but yes same here, today is 4 months for me and I have not had any pimples on recipient like I've read, all is normal on my end. 

Just had a look at your transplant journey thread, you're hair is doing very well!
Much better than mine, glad to see your early success. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Just had a look at your transplant journey thread, you're hair is doing very well!
Much better than mine, glad to see your early success. :)

ty bro I am going to update tomorrow....as far as early success it just seems like its a coin flip so just hang in there its still early for us from what i gather months 4-6 is when take off happens

• Moderators

Having some pimples when the hair starts growing in is normal, but not everyone gets them. If you don't have any then consider yourself lucky with that part of the process.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.