The Hair Dr 8 month results

I can’t praise and thank Dr Arshad and his wonderful team enough. I never thought I say this again but my hair is amazing.
I’m now at the 8 month stage and my hair is back. I have my hairline back and I still have a long way to go, so it’s only going to get better and better. Thicker and thicker! I’m sure by 12 months it will be amazing.

From start to finish I was treated with complete respect and professionalism. This is clearly an art for these guys and they practice and execute their craft through experience and complete precision day in day out year after year. I was in safe hands with Dr Arshad and his team, they knew exactly what to do. 

No one can tell I’ve had any work done! My hairline is blended perfectly, it’s awesome. I keep expecting to wake up at any moment, it’s a dream come true.

Thanks again to the amazing team at The Hair Dr, this is without doubt one of the best decisions I have ever made, you have changed my life. I can’t wait for each month to finish so I can review and see how my hair has changed and become even thicker.

Folks if you’re reading this and you want your hair back, but worried about taking the step, don’t go anywhere else, this is the place. Just go for it!

I've posted images at the 2 week stage and then recently at 8 months. I've still a long way to go but it's really growing in now. I've taken the shots with bright daylight so you can see the scalp a little more. To the naked eye it's not this bad. The hair is frizzy because it needs a few cycles before it settles down. It'll get there. I'll try and post my results at the 12 month stage. Hope this helps folks.

2 weeks.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

57836FD7-8E4A-44A4-9C6F-B9F9883075C5.JPG

AF70231F-6C9E-448F-A531-31C5E7DCF812.JPG

• Like 1

Sounds like you’ve had a really good experience. 👍 Can you post some photos holding your hair up at the front, so we can see the new hairline clearly?

Could you also post some photos of your hair before the transplant? Thanks!

• Like 1

Here’s more pics guys, sorry for the delay here. I’ve still got a way to go but you can see it’s really starting to come in now and create a nice natural hairline. I’m so happy with it 😊
I'm sure by month 12 any thin areas will be nice and thick.

I had 3500 grafts. 1500 at the front and 2000 at my crown. My hairline was brought down by about 1cm.
Hope this helps, I’ll try and do an update in a couple of months. Any questions please just ask.

I've shown pics before the first consultation. Then the good stuff 😀

IMG_29492jpg.jpg

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

9DC60341-8ED1-4530-A1FE-1133AF74FEC2.JPG

33E562CF-CF75-440F-AA31-45F14DFEB0D1.JPG

58B5A17F-FD20-432F-8A11-1415A6C157AF.JPG

73FCDB42-85C3-4348-8F6B-DD97C2F0CB0E 2.JPG

AF70231F-6C9E-448F-A531-31C5E7DCF812.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whipaway said:

Do you have any pics of how you looked before your procedure then it will give a better understanding of how far you have come ? 

Yes they're the ones at the beginning of my second post. Here they are again.

IMG_29492jpg.jpg

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

Really pleased that you are happy with how things are looking . 
without being rude to you I don’t think you should be advising folk considering a HT to go for it and don’t go anywhere else. 
I understand your happy however any individual needs to do there research and ensure they get it right first time. 

• Like 1

Considering how important it is to find the right place for this, I believe it's important to tell people about the clinics that are 100% the real deal.
That's the whole point of this forum isn't it? I for one would have wanted to hear this advice last year before I ‘went for it’. It's just plain common sense.

There are clinics out there that don't have qualified Doctors at hand and often can bodge things up.
Even with research you never really know what you're getting into.  

I though by doing this its would help anyone out there who's not sure what do to and where to go, especially if you live upon North like me and don't have access to the Harley Street Clinics in London.

The Hair Dr is a fantastic trustworthy clinic, and deserves the praise.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with this, all the best.

• Administrators

Great growth so far, the crown will improve in the next 6 months as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Jon you are correct that it is critical that folk go to the correct Dr.

I am really pleased that you are happy and I am not here to slate an individual clinic however I think your statement of do not go anywhere else as  they are the real deal is wrong .

Yes share your positive experience but let folk do there own research. Unfortunately the clinic you are talking about have recently had a fair number of poor results with patients extremely disappointed. There are posts on here and on other forums sharing there experience. 

I wish you all the best and hope you continue to have good growth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whipaway said:

Jon you are correct that it is critical that folk go to the correct Dr.

I am really pleased that you are happy and I am not here to slate an individual clinic however I think your statement of do not go anywhere else as  they are the real deal is wrong .

Yes share your positive experience but let folk do there own research. Unfortunately the clinic you are talking about have recently had a fair number of poor results with patients extremely disappointed. There are posts on here and on other forums sharing there experience. 

I wish you all the best and hope you continue to have good growth. 

But to be fair mate no clinic has got every procedure spot on.

I think people need to realise that us British don't have many options   

Harley street, farjo, reddy, ball, arshad...

Reddy and ball are expensive... you're talking 20 grand... 

People want to stay in their own country incase anything  goes wrong... I dont care what anyone says, if I go to bisanga then in 4 days time, if something happens he cannot help me.

Edited by aKaWonderKid
  • Like 1

Individuals considering a procedure should use the likes of this forum to do there research. The comment of do not go anywhere else as these are the real deal is what I personally think is wrong especially considering that there is no getting away from the fact they have had a fair amount of poor results. 
getting it right is critical! Grafts are precious not to mention the money etc. 
folk may want to stay in this country, folk do have limited budgets but getting a poor result is a hard price to pay so research must be done to look for both good and poor results, not just go to this clinic , don’t hesitate as they are the real deal !

As I’ve mentioned sadly we have seen a fair amount of poor results from this particular clinic. You mention they don’t all get every procedure spot on- you can only research and I’ve personally not seen a run of so many bad results from the other clinics you in this country that you mention. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aKaWonderKid said:

But to be fair mate no clinic has got every procedure spot on.

I think people need to realise that us British don't have many options   

Harley street, farjo, reddy, ball, arshad...

Reddy and ball are expensive... you're talking 20 grand... 

People want to stay in their own country incase anything  goes wrong... I dont care what anyone says, if I go to bisanga then in 4 days time, if something happens he cannot help me.

Well said mate, absolutely spot on. He's taken my words way out of context.

Individuals considering a procedure should use the likes of this forum to do there research. The comment of do not go anywhere else as these are the real deal is what I personally think is wrong especially considering that there is no getting away from the fact they have had a fair amount of poor results. 
folk may want to stay in this country, folk do have limited budgets but getting a poor result is a hard price to pay so research must be done to look for both good and poor results, not just go to this clinic , don’t hesitate as they are the real deal !

As I’ve mentioned sadly we have seen a fair amount of poor results from this particular clinic. You mention they don’t all get every procedure spot on- you can only research and I’ve personally not seen a run of so many bad results from the other clinics you in this country that you mention. 

Understood, I completely get what you're saying, and it's good that you care. The term Go for it has been taken way out of context here which is a shame. Of course people need to do their research, people aren't actually that stupid. The reason I said it I think is because the one reason I took the step and booked my appointment is that a friend of mine who had a successful procedure gave me lots of advice and reassured me about the whole thing. He told me to just go for it. Those words at the time were very re assuring and if he hadn't had said that I probably would still be guessing about what to do. It was the push I needed. Thankfully. 

I don't wanna keep going back and forth here, but you do sound very bias against the Hair Dr with some ulterior motive. Real shame, freedom of speech is paramount in todays society.

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Great growth so far, the crown will improve in the next 6 months as well.

Wow that’s some location to end up getting your work done! Well done, it looks like you had a successful procedure.
You must be very happy.

So how was your first week? Mine was completely crazy. I knew the procedure had gone great, but it’s all still unchartered territory as an individual. Looking back now, I should have been overjoyed.

One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post was I take 1mg of Finasteride each morning to stop (or at least slow down) my original hair falling out. I’ve been taking this for 7.5 months now and have not experienced any side effects whatsoever. 

I’ve got a pal who stopped taking this after one year and has started to experience hair loss again. I'm gutted for him.
That's just me, like I've been told, people need to do their research 😊

7 hours ago, Jon Goodall said:

Well said mate, absolutely spot on. He's taken my words way out of context.

No probs mate. Its a big decision. I'm not going to any hairmills myself, I've got a few in liverpool around me

Only thing I'm dodgy about with arshad is I had a consultation over whatsapp video and she give me a quote there and then... she also said I can go in 2 weeks... 

All good transplant places surely have long waiting times 

8 minutes ago, aKaWonderKid said:

No probs mate. Its a big decision. I'm not going to any hairmills myself, I've got a few in liverpool around me

Only thing I'm dodgy about with arshad is I had a consultation over whatsapp video and she give me a quote there and then... she also said I can go in 2 weeks... 

All good transplant places surely have long waiting times 

No not at all, I had a similar WhatsApp video and then went to see them 2 months later for the procedure. It was all spot on. 
I get why people can get like this with something so important though. I was gonna go to Harley Street, but the location up here meant I could make it home and to bed on the same day, it was all perfect, including my grafts. I really wish people would stop slating this clinic, it was great for me mate, my hair story since coming home from there has been brilliant. With Hair Dr, they are up north and I guess less people are getting it done up here? With London I can agree with that totally.

I'll post more pics in a few months but tbh getting sick of the other guy telling me what I should know about my own experience. 
Not really one for forums anymore as there's always that one guy to get entangled with. End of the day I had a super professional experience and simply wanted to share the positive vibes about it. 

12 hours ago, Jon Goodall said:

Understood, I completely get what you're saying, and it's good that you care. The term Go for it has been taken way out of context here which is a shame. Of course people need to do their research, people aren't actually that stupid. The reason I said it I think is because the one reason I took the step and booked my appointment is that a friend of mine who had a successful procedure gave me lots of advice and reassured me about the whole thing. He told me to just go for it. Those words at the time were very re assuring and if he hadn't had said that I probably would still be guessing about what to do. It was the push I needed. Thankfully. 

I don't wanna keep going back and forth here, but you do sound very bias against the Hair Dr with some ulterior motive. Real shame, freedom of speech is paramount in todays society.

Jon, 

I certainly aren’t going to continue going back and forth either but just to be clear I have absolutely no ulterior motive !

I hope the clinic make all there customers as happy as you are but I have commented on the fact they have had a number of poor results and folk need to make sure they research carefully . 

Ok, I’ll curb my personal advice and stick to my personal experience, which in my case was and continues to be a very positive one. 

I couldn't take time of work as I run my own design business here in Leeds so the Hair Dr seemed like the perfect fit for me, especially after watching the thorough video reviews, which I found the transparency of them incredibly helpful and encouraging to take the step.

I looked at Advance Hair Studio as an option and was going to go see them until my close friend went there and the advised him to take red laser cap therapy. I’ve had that treatment in the past and it was a complete waste of time and money, for me that is. I’d only consider using that as a booster treatment, but probably not.

I think transparency is key with this. 

Can I ask, without being rude, it would be good to know where are you based and your name please?

I’ll try and post another update in a few months and keep it to the point.

Kind Regards
Jon

Jon I am not criticising your post only making the comment that folk need to do research and be very careful that they look at good and possibly poor results from clinics . I am really pleased you have had a  successful procedure at this clinic and I hope every person that attends also gets a good procedure . It would be fantastic to have the option of more top clinics and Drs here in England. I only made the comment that folk need to research as sadly they have had a bit of a bad run with some of there patients but I truest hope there are no more.

These forums are here for us all to help each other and ensure we get it right.

I wish you happy growing .

41 minutes ago, Whipaway said:

Jon I am not criticising your post only making the comment that folk need to do research and be very careful that they look at good and possibly poor results from clinics . I am really pleased you have had a  successful procedure at this clinic and I hope every person that attends also gets a good procedure . It would be fantastic to have the option of more top clinics and Drs here in England. I only made the comment that folk need to research as sadly they have had a bit of a bad run with some of there patients but I truest hope there are no more.

These forums are here for us all to help each other and ensure we get it right.

I wish you happy growing .

I'll sorry it’s been such an abrasive discussion. 

Here’s to more positive posts 👍🏻

Back in a 3-4 months. All the best 😊

Kind Regards
Jon

• Administrators

Guys,

Why are we bringing negativity to a thread where the patient is genuinely happy? If a new poster is posting his experience let’s be supportive and not try and bash him. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.