Your opinion

I'm interested in your opinion.
I asked a couple of clinics (the ones that are treated as good here on the forum) and I mostly got answers from them that transplantation is not the solution.
I can also share with you the answers I received if you wish.

The pictures were made in day and evening versions. Some even near artificial light.
The length of the hair is from 6 to 9mm at the top and 1.5mm at the sides.

12.jpg

13.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I am 31 years old.

"Dr Bisanga has evaluated the pattern of your hair loss and your candidacy for an FUE procedure. Dr Bisanga has determined that based on your photos and the information that you have provided, hair restoration surgery is not the appropriate step for you at this time. "

"Dr Bicer saw your photos. She thinks you don't need a hair transplant by looking at photos."

"Your pictures have been evaluated by our doctors. They feel that your hairline has not receded, and your density is good. So, you do not need a hair transplant. We are happy to assist you by providing medications to support and prevent the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia. "

Are you starting meds ? Definitely worth considering after talking with your own Gp/Dr/dermatologist. Also worth consulting with some more clinics. Your hair loss is noticeable on one side in particular. How does it look when it’s grown out ? 

I didn't let my hair grow too long for a long time because the shorter it looks, the thicker it is. When I let it go, it is noticeable that my hair is thinner on one side because I have black hair.
But here's a picture ..
I have never taken any medication or anything like that. It came to my mind but I don’t know how effective they are at all. I'm not really familiar with that at all.Do you think that some medications would help in this situation?

14.jpg

• Like 1

The usual Fin/Minox combo could be beneficial. It may help Improve and certainly maintain your current hair. Otherwise I’m going to make a educated guess it will continue towards a typical Norwood 3 loss. You could consider meds and then review your situation again in approx a years time. Interesting to note that the med approach is what Bisanga and Bicer appear to be suggesting. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Are you starting meds ? Definitely worth considering after talking with your own Gp/Dr/dermatologist. Also worth consulting with some more clinics. Your hair loss is noticeable on one side in particular. How does it look when it’s grown out ? 

What is the best Med for pre and post surgery in your opinion. Weather it oral or topical

1 minute ago, StressedOut said:

What is the best Med for pre and post surgery in your opinion. Weather it oral or topical

Depends on the individual, and then on top of that most clinics will give differing advice. I would always suggest not only speaking to your own Gp/Dr/Dermatologist but also the clinic you have chosen for your Ht. It’s professional advice that’s needed. 

• Like 1

I will take this opportunity to ask you a few things as it is obvious that you know the matter.
On what scale am I currently?
Norwood 2? 3?
  I am 31 years old and this condition is from my 27th year.
I don’t think anything has changed since then or if it has, then something minimal.
I think that part of my hair fell out at once and after that I didn't have any more hair loss ... that's my impression.

If you were me, how would you act?

By the way, I sent a few more pictures to the doctors ... maybe they change their minds. Maybe the pictures weren't appropriate.

• Like 1

Consider meds after getting the professional/medical advice. That’s a Norwood 2 pattern which would most likely progress to a Norwood 3 without introducing any preventive measures. The hairline is still present, but weak in places. It’s not severe loss at present, but it’s more than likely to progress in the future. 
You may find Fin/Minox would either keep it from progressing or may improve it. Either way it’s something worth considering. Hair loss is progressive, at what rate it’s pretty difficult to say. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Milan1 said:

I will take this opportunity to ask you a few things as it is obvious that you know the matter.
On what scale am I currently?
Norwood 2? 3?
  I am 31 years old and this condition is from my 27th year.
I don’t think anything has changed since then or if it has, then something minimal.
I think that part of my hair fell out at once and after that I didn't have any more hair loss ... that's my impression.

If you were me, how would you act?

By the way, I sent a few more pictures to the doctors ... maybe they change their minds. Maybe the pictures weren't appropriate.

Always good to get the advice from multiple clinics, well the decent ones anyway 😊 

As you have Milan in your username are you a fellow Italian ? 

Edited by JC71

you have multiple high-esteemed hair transplant docs telling you you aren't a good candidate at this time, so........

also the very first step anyone needs to do in their hair transplant journey is get on Finasteride or Dutasteride, and you haven't done that yet. Start with that. 

Just now, HairLostYears said:

Educate yourself on finasteride.  It could be all you'd need for a long time.

Reassess after at least a year on fin, you might be able to skip the expense/hassle of minoxidil altogether.

IMO, of course.

Yup reassessing after a year is important if OP starts with Fin 👍🏽 

• Like 1