Before and after 2nd session of SMP | Enhanced Scalp Micropigmentation Toronto

A few of the members were asking for some videos of smp. Sorry been busy lately. Here's a little video of a client of mine after his second session. 

I recreated his natural hairline which is a recessed widows peak and added density throughout. 

Client told me I have changed his life and actually the first time hes gone out without a hat in a very long time. 

Hope you enjoy. 

https://streamable.com/t3r71o

Thanks for the extra effort, good quality video that blows up nicely.

In these before screenshots below its interesting to see the way his front has receded in a more 'geometric' pointed shape in the front. Almost like he had some transplant work done before. I see in the finished result part of the video that you used that as a quide to recreate what he had previously. Question based on that: were you going by just what you could see that remained of his hairline as you looked at it, or did he also bring in some pictures of what his hairline looked like years ago? And do you recommend or suggest that older pictures like that be brought in as an aid or reference generally?

Back to the video, maybe its the camera being a bit above his head angled downward throughout that exaggerates that sharpened triangle shape in the front . Do you notice alot of guys with natural loss patterns looking like that? I know guys with darker skin tones do look better with those more geometric sharp hairline cuts anyway, primarily because there's less contrast between their skin color and the ink color I assume. But maybe that's also because their natural frontal hairlines are more shaped that way as they recede? Just seems to me that caucasian hairlines, particularly receding ones, are more 'rounded.' But maybe that's just me not seeing enough shaved receding hairlines. Anyway, if this were me, in large part because I'm fair skinned, I'd want a more "rounded" hairline, something like what I scribbled up in the top right of the first screen cap. 

Thanks again, and a suggestion going forward on future videos. I know the overhead views are great for highlighting the SMP, but it would be also good to include some camera angles at the face-to-face level and maybe even some angling slightly up, as he would be seen when out-and-about around people, to better see how well the restored edges of the hairline frame the face.

image.png.e0ac4c101315f77291964e82ff9a8e63.png

image.png.3e8ba7243691238f382a608f80e74646.png

39 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Thanks for the extra effort, good quality video that blows up nicely.

In these before screenshots below its interesting to see the way his front has receded in a more 'geometric' pointed shape in the front. Almost like he had some transplant work done before. I see in the finished result part of the video that you used that as a quide to recreate what he had previously. Question based on that: were you going by just what you could see that remained of his hairline as you looked at it, or did he also bring in some pictures of what his hairline looked like years ago? And do you recommend or suggest that older pictures like that be brought in as an aid or reference generally?

Back to the video, maybe its the camera being a bit above his head angled downward throughout that exaggerates that sharpened triangle shape in the front . Do you notice alot of guys with natural loss patterns looking like that? I know guys with darker skin tones do look better with those more geometric sharp hairline cuts anyway, primarily because there's less contrast between their skin color and the ink color I assume. But maybe that's also because their natural frontal hairlines are more shaped that way as they recede? Just seems to me that caucasian hairlines, particularly receding ones, are more 'rounded.' But maybe that's just me not seeing enough shaved receding hairlines. Anyway, if this were me, in large part because I'm fair skinned, I'd want a more "rounded" hairline, something like what I scribbled up in the top right of the first screen cap. 

Thanks again, and a suggestion going forward on future videos. I know the overhead views are great for highlighting the SMP, but it would be also good to include some camera angles at the face-to-face level and maybe even some angling slightly up, as he would be seen when out-and-about around people, to better see how well the restored edges of the hairline frame the face.

image.png.e0ac4c101315f77291964e82ff9a8e63.png

image.png.3e8ba7243691238f382a608f80e74646.png

That is his natural hairline, he showed some pictures and theres also techniques to tell where the natural hairline use to be.

It was a unique case, and I haven't done such a peak before, but turned out well and he loves it.  He has another session, so there may be some slight adjustments when he comes back.

Edited by EnhancedScalp

56 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Good results, but just my two cents... the editing of that clip is quite annoying. I think it would be better to just see the results clearly instead of the crazy dissolves every couple of seconds. Just my opinion.

Thought I remember you being the one asking him for videos. Continuing on your topic of what is quite annoying, your tone and wording at times like this would also qualify in my opinion.

Giving constructive criticism and opinions are fine, but lets try to be a little more tactful in how you do it. Instead of words with a strong negative tone like "annoying", "crazy", something like "distracting" would be better. Personally I like the editing transitions. And the occasional "thank you" is nice as well when someone makes an attempt to give you what you asked for. 

Big picture, we all want talented artists like @EnhancedScalp to keep coming here and sharing their work right? So that he and the rest of the artists and member clients can all benefit. Try to think about more than your opinion when you're giving your opinion.

image.png.7f4d27bf57ed4765b16bea2c9ec3cbe7.png

22 hours ago, ciaus said:

Thought I remember you being the one asking him for videos. Continuing on your topic of what is quite annoying, your tone and wording at times like this would also qualify in my opinion.

Giving constructive criticism and opinions are fine, but lets try to be a little more tactful in how you do it. Instead of words with a strong negative tone like "annoying", "crazy", something like "distracting" would be better. Personally I like the editing transitions. And the occasional "thank you" is nice as well when someone makes an attempt to give you what you asked for. 

Big picture, we all want talented artists like @EnhancedScalp to keep coming here and sharing their work right? So that he and the rest of the artists and member clients can all benefit. Try to think about more than your opinion when you're giving your opinion.

image.png.7f4d27bf57ed4765b16bea2c9ec3cbe7.png

Fair play, maybe my wording seemed a bit negative. Could have chose better wording. 'Distracting' would be a better choice of word. I just find it frustrating that such good results are obstructed by such edits. Seems a shame that's all