Timeline of Propecia side effects - Possible to get them after many years of use?

HairIsThere

Alright so I know the side effects from Propecia have been talked about quite a bit on this site, but I couldn't find anything on here that talked about the specificity of the timeline. I have been using Propecia since the summer of 2005 and have had no adverse side effects since. Now I think I read a while back somewhere that if you are going to notice the sides then it will be very quickly after you start using the drug. Is this the case with Propecia or would it be possible to start experiencing side effects years after taking it? I guess my main question is...if you don't experience any sides within say a month or 2 or even a year after starting are you pretty much golden for the rest of your life? Or are there studies that say even though you didn't have them early on they could start up "x" amount of years down the line?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Are you actually experiencing sides now? Or, are you just starting to get worried about the possibility?

There are some people on that propeciahelp board who claim the sides started later on. I could only speak for myself, and for me they were immediate.

If you're not having any trouble on the drug, my best guess is to make sure you don't alter anything you're doing. In other words, if you have no sides, try to continue to take the same amount on the same schedule. I think some people started getting sides when they messed around with those variables.

No I don't have any symptoms of the sides and haven't for the 4 years I've been taking Propecia. I just stated thinking about it and was wondering if it is a possibility to not have any for years of use and then sorta out of the blue later down the line they just start.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Hi, new user here.

I was on propecia for 2 1/2 years and have recently experienced a lump within the left side of my chest. I told the doctor about this and he said it was due to the tablets, and that I should stop using propecia. After I stopped using propecia in April of this year, the lump has practically gone with only slight swelling. Now my doctor has booked me in for a blood test to check my hormone levels just to clarify whats going on. So if this is a direct result from propecia then I would say no, you are not pretty much golden for the rest of your life. What I would say is that if this lump has been forming since I started propecia (but I only noticed it a couple of months ago), which has taken 2 1/2 years, then for it to disappear, it has taken only about 3 months, which seems abit weird.

I was told by the doctor that it is male breast development, but without proof it may have been a cyst. Today I have had some bloodtests (Thursday) to see if it was caused by my hormones (gynecomastia) and hopefully give me answer that I can give you. Otherwise I may never have 100% proof what it was. Maybe the next step might be to have some fluid drawn from the little lump that is remaining to see if it is a cyst. I hope this information helps. All I can say is if you are taking propecia, whether it is a couple of months into the course or have been taking it for years, Still remain aware of the side effects that propecia can cause. I will let you know of the results which should be available next week.

cheers, Matt

The truth is, I've heard that there are men who get the sides after years. But if you are doing well on the drug, I would not think about it or worry. There are plenty of men who never have sides. Don't ask for trouble.

Been taking it for close to 10 years with no problems

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!