2nd Procedure advise

startingout

It has now been one year since I had my first procedure with Dr Shapiro for 2,450 graphs. I was about a norwood 3-4. I would like to get more density, trasplant hair to my crown, and maybe more my hairline 1-2mm. I wanted to know what other advise me on a 2nd procedure. What to look out for? What to expect?

I am certain on Shapiro as my doctor but want to learn more about the 2nd procedure.

Thanks for all your support. It's thourgh thsi form that i made my first decision and it was a great experince.

wet_front_close.JPG.7334530bda0811154bc2f9386f5ac57c.JPG

Research makes perfect

startingout,

first I would like to say it looks great!!

Now, onto your question.

Depending on the graft amount you can get and want, I would suggest, thickening up the hair line, and attacking the crown. Get the crown to match the middle of you head.

If you have more than an abundent amout of grafts, then go denser in the mid, also.

My steps would be,

1. attack the crown, thinning is ok. Bald is not.

2. Dense up the hairline!!

3. Full ballz out if you can do it!

Good luck, and keep us updated on your decision!

I would say continue to fill in the top and skip the crown until you have completed the front area. If you get a larger amount of grafts then go for the crown also.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

cas, that is another good option,

but, I would fear losing the amount of donor area just to the hairline. If you could get a good density, like this gentleman has in the hair line, why not try to fill in the crown as a priority and then move to the hair line back.

I look at it as the bend over approach. (ok, joke away). With a good looking hairline as such, I would want a crown area to compliment the hairline.

If you are bald in back, it really doesn't compliment the hairline much except at a forward angle.

I'm not arguing you, just adding my thoughts and questions, so we can all look at it opinionated, for our own choices and disgression.

Ya, i totally agree. Let me re-phrase...

I think he should concentrate on filling in the top, not the hairline. It still seems a bit thin so I think it may do justice to fill in the top, working his way to the back.

Thats at least the advice that I keep getting and I have the same pattern as that guy somewhat.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

thanks for the advise guys..last night i was up trying to figure out denisty counts and how much do i want where..i figure 10 f.u in the front for more density, bring the hairline up 1mm and get 30f.u in the crown should do ok.

Up to now i have been using prothick which covers the crown great but i want to be able to do more with the hair on my crown then just spray it.

I really would like to know if there is anything diffrent the second time around.

Research makes perfect

Your hairline looks good... The crown could be denser... So work on that...

As far as your hair in all... It looks rather wet. Do you use gel or hairspray? Don't... Cuz it makes it bunch up and hence a lot thinner

looks good - i'd be interested in seeing somw dry pics as well as pre-HT pics if you have them.

I just had my second procedure 3 months ago, basically to increase density in the front and on top, and added just a little to the crown. I think a strong front and a thinning crown (but not bald) will be a fine look for me for the rest of my life so that is what i am shooting for. you have more hair than me right now, so you might go a little more agressive with the hairline, like you suggested.

I would suggest fine tuning the hairline with 1-2 har grafts. (around 500FU), add about 500 FU to the midscalp, and sprinkle 500 FU in the crown for 1500 FU total. You dont want complete crown coverage right now because you look young and dont know what future loss you still might have in the crown area (you dont want an 8 ball effect in 10 yrs).

I agree with Smoothy except that I don't know if I would even sprinkle those 500 in the crown. Your choice, but I am weary of crown work until I am older, and you look to be about my age.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

the only reason i posted the wet pics is to show the hair at its worse and it also shows areas of thining better. Here are some dry ones. I also wanted to know did you guys get more hair the 1st transplant or the 2nd? Was there a noticible improvment betweent he 1st and 2nd?

dry_front_1.jpg.115fd6ad911edc7162b35ae10573db64.jpg

Research makes perfect