Got a last minute cancellation with Dr. Bicer, flying out in a few days. My Story, need advice!!

17 minutes ago, cr1mson said:

I plan to go on topical dutasteride post surgery, do you think this can thicken my crown a little? I know putting some grafts in there isnt probably the best decision but my crown has been my worst area since I started losing area at 21. I have the hair just under it longer so when I brush it up it covers the bottom half. So i was hoping to put 5-700 grafts in the top part of my crown so it matches the area right ahead of it and doesnt look barren anymore. Do you think this would be unwise?

I never really considered SMP, but after reading some threads on this forum, it sounds expensive and only lasts a few years. Would SMP even make a difference in my crown?

Any medical therapy you do will serve you well, (if it works).  Keep in mind most people expect and, when they see nothing, just stop thinking the meds are doing nothing.  The meds are not intended to grow anything.  They will help with retention and perhaps enhancement of the native hair.

500 grafts is eyebrow work.  It will make no significant change to your crown.  

SMP will give you an immediate result.  It typically lasts about 3 years.  It is organic pigment that is metabolized by the body.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

18 minutes ago, cr1mson said:

Yes, they still need the negative test! I will try to sort that out the day that I land. I will be in Istanbul a full three days after my surgery, then leaving saturday morning ( Christmas day) so hoping the flights are not too packed. If I end up not wearing the surgical or baseball cap, should I spray the saline solution in intervals while I am on the plane? I also usually wear a baseball cap backwords and it doesnt touch the top of my scalp, would this be an option as well?

Dr. Bicer doesn't recommend saline spray as she does the lotion approach. I asked her about spraying saline and she said just use the lotion (keep for one hour and then shampoo twice). I was instructed to apply the lotion before my flight, and then as soon as I arrive home. I'm from US and it's pretty much the same duration as Canada. 

1 hour ago, cr1mson said:

I think I am just gonna own it and travel without the hat. I am too nervous it might catch a graft or something. I am spending alot of time and money to go to Turkey so I can deal with the embarassment of flying home like that. Thanks for the tip on the neck pillow, will grab one today!

Nice. From what I've seen, FUE patients post-op don't look too bad and can pass without a hat.