Could i get a very minor fue procedure?

Zel

What is the lowest amount of grafts you’ve seen or known someone to have implanted on their hairline? For me i honestly think i’d only need 100/200. I understand that clinics have a minimum fee to pay but that’s fine.

pics? IMO if you truly only need 100-200 grafts, to me that infers you have a pretty strong hairline that has a teeny tiny bit of natural recession. IMO a strong hairline with the teeniest bit of natural loss is the best look, rather than risk complications or artificialness of a tiny improved hairline. 

But yes no one on here can provide accurate commentary to your situation without pics. 

And yes only getting 100-200 grafts alone likely does not justify the operating costs for the surgeon and staff. But if you were to pay a premium fee + the graft count cost I don't see how any surgeon would have an issue - of course if they agree only adding 100-200 grafts makes sense.

i do have a strong hairline but the small amount of recession is on the side that my hair parts so it’s a real shame. I know that i’m so close to having my old teenage hairline which i believe a minor ht could get me back to

How old are you ? It’s likely your moving in to your mature hairline. If you was to have a small transplant now then it’s more than likely it will continue to move toward your mature hairline, you will be chasing the loss ! If it’s MPB then the same applies. This is part of the reason ethical Drs will not operate on people under the age of 25. They simply do not know how your loss will progress. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think most Drs will do very small FUE procedures. I know at least some of them do. They would certainly do small touch-ups to patients who they have already worked on, so a small procedure isn't something that never happens. What they will usually do is fit you in on the same day as another smaller sized procedure that they don't expect to take very long.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

As you can see this temple lacks density and i don’t see the issue in having a very minor ht since i’m on an aggressive protocol in dut and ru. I haven’t experienced any further miniaturisation whilst being on these meds. 

75D3A744-0A61-47F5-A02A-BF61E185F7D3.png

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Zel said:

As you can see this temple lacks density and i don’t see the issue in having a very minor ht since i’m on an aggressive protocol in dut and ru. I haven’t experienced any further miniaturisation whilst being on these meds. 

How long have you been on them? You may be better off waiting a while and seeing if the meds improve this area a bit.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

How long have you been on them? You may be better off waiting a while and seeing if the meds improve this area a bit.

For 2 years and the hair loss has just froze, this is why i’m confident with having a ht knowing that it’s very unlikely i’ll experience any further hair thinning.

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Can you share some pics of the area in question? I think you would be wasting your money for a surgery requiring only 100-220 grafts but it depends on your case?

wasting money? That’s highly subjective. 

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, Zel said:

For 2 years and the hair loss has just froze, this is why i’m confident with having a ht knowing that it’s very unlikely i’ll experience any further hair thinning.

If you have found a medical therapy that works then I would wait until you need a hair transplant. You risk have shock loss, poor work (depending on the surgeon if an ethical surgeon would touch you that is), and potentially kick starting MPB from the surgery alone. These are all unlikely but possible things that could occur. Why risk the great head of hair that you currently have that has been stabilized by medication? All the best mate!

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If you have found a medical therapy that works then I would wait until you need a hair transplant. You risk have shock loss, poor work (depending on the surgeon if an ethical surgeon would touch you that is), and potentially kick starting MPB from the surgery alone. These are all unlikely but possible things that could occur. Why risk the great head of hair that you currently have that has been stabilized by medication? All the best mate!

i understand, i was looking into Dr Arshad, I think i need to risk it otherwise i’ll never know. Perhaps i’d only need 100 grafts anyway. Maybe less.

Just now, Gatsby said:

I totally get it. And at 26 I would be thinking exactly like you are Zel. But I still feel that surgery is a last resort (and I've had my fair share) but at the end of the day it's up to you. All the best!

Thank you. Do you think it can be done then?

• Valued Contributor

I'm sure it can be done alright. It depends who you are having a consultation with. If you were going to Turkey I doubt that with maybe one exception every surgeon would do it. If you go an elite ethical surgeon from the list on this forum many will be hard pushed to do it and many will turn you away. The reason being because you have responded so favorably to 5ari's to the point that currently you stabilized your hair loss. But if you keep searching you will probably find someone who might.

9 minutes ago, Zel said:

which of these would suit my goal in your opinion?

Consult with as many as possible. If your adamant you want it addressed then see what each Dr says. Its entirely possible they will either say no or even suggest more grafts are needed. Be interesting to hear what they say. Please keep us informed!

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

Can you post a picture with your proposed hairline? This will give the forum a better idea of what you're looking to achieve, total graft count, and if you're a currently a candidate for hair restoration. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts