My second HT at Dr Yaman, Turkey, 2900grafts, 28/4/21

stratos

I had my second HT at Dr Yaman at 28thApril 2021. We placed 2900grafts at middle and vertex.

I am now at 7th month post surgery. Any comments free and useful.

I am taking 1mg Finasteride for six months.

my first is here

image00009.jpeg

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_9930.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_20211205_154822.jpg

IMG_20211205_154719.jpg

IMG_20211205_155232.jpg

IMG_20211128_110727.jpg

Edited by stratos

• stratos changed the title to My second HT at Dr Yaman, Turkey, 2900grafts, 28/4/21
18 minutes ago, stratos said:

I had my second HT at Dr Yaman at 28thApril 2021. We placed 2900grafts at middle and vertex.

I am now at 7th month post surgery. Any comments free and useful.

I am taking 1mg Finasteride for six months.

my first is here

image00009.jpeg

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_9930.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG

IMG_20211205_154822.jpg

IMG_20211205_154719.jpg

IMG_20211205_155232.jpg

It does not like ideal, still you are pretty early so you need to wait it out. That said I think maybe 2900 grafts for that big area was quite small graft number. 

Good thing is that it looks like you have a decent donor still.

Yes I know, unfortunately I had 3 HT at the past with zero results before Dr Yaman's 2 operations therefore we didn't have many grafts available to place.

I will wait and see if there are any grafts available to improve my picture. Thanks for the post.

3 minutes ago, stratos said:

Yes I know, unfortunately I had 3 HT at the past with zero results before Dr Yaman's 2 operations therefore we didn't have many grafts available to place.

I will wait and see if there are any grafts available to improve my picture. Thanks for the post.

You had a total of 5 hair transplant? Can you tell us a little bit more, how many grafts and where?

Yes unfortunately, many years ago.

1 FUT and 2 FUE all in Greece. 

FUT when I was 22, huge mistake. don't know grafts, either clinic does!

FUEs when I was 30 and 32 probably 2500-3000 in total , I am not sure. Very sad.

Last two were at Dr Yaman, I am happy to find him and try there.

Edited by stratos
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stratos said:

Yes unfortunately, many years ago.

1 FUT and 2 FUE all in Greece. 

FUT when I was 22, huge mistake. don't know grafts, either clinic does!

FUEs when I was 30 and 32 probably 2500-3000 in total , I am not sure. Very sad.

Last two were at Dr Yaman, I am happy to find him and try there.

Hopefully it can improve some, you need to have more patience with crown region, usually it can improve alot 12+ months up to 18 months. That said I think you might need another transplant to get some more density and after that you will hopefully be set.

5 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Hopefully it can improve some, you need to have more patience with crown region, usually it can improve alot 12+ months up to 18 months. That said I think you might need another transplant to get some more density and after that you will hopefully be set.

do you know if middle area needs more time to get thick than vertex? I can see new hair but is thin in comparison with hair at vertex.  Does it depend on where they are taken from? 

or that is because they were placed between other hair? 

Edited by stratos

6 minutes ago, stratos said:

do you know if middle area needs more time to get thick than vertex? I can see new hair but is thin in comparison with hair at vertex.  Does it depend on where they are taken from? 

or that is because they were placed between other hair? 

The results in vertex and crown should take longer than in the mid-front region. I dont think there were alot of grafts placed in the mid region though? Mainly Dr Yaman focuse on crown+vertex on this one? 

You need to just be patient and wait it out really, there is not much to do than to see what kind of coverage you get from this and go from there. You need to wait atleast 12 months.

2 minutes ago, stratos said:

ok, thanks, and last question if you can help me.

is there any benefit to take finasteride,  I am 44 and I started it after second HT at Yaman. 

Yes it is, if you dont have any side effects? It helps to slow down the thinning process in the donor area(the transplanted hair you now have in the front).

Edited by digi23