Usage of Finasteride and Minoxidil

veeru

Hi friends. On the advice of our doctors in the forum i have started using Finasteride. though it dint show a rapid change,the hair fall is been slightly reduced but i m confused and eagar to know how to use minoxidil 5%.Kindly help me out from this and what sought of

impact can it show On MPB (my age is 23)

Personally at age 23 I would not do the rogaine. fin should help preserve your hair and rogaine would add a significant burden and cost for a long time to come with probably little additional benefit.

Unless you happen to fall in the small sub population that starts to contemplate the priesthood while on finasteride, I would do that exclusively and fogo the minox

Others may disagree.

I have to agree with miked, rogain is a royal pain in the ass. You will probably get better results with the fin on it's own. I thinbk that hair can become dependant to minox over time, and it can cause some major shedding....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

That really is a tough call. You will find that some hair transplant physicians will recommend one or the other. There is also many who would recommend patients using both in combination. They claim that they can have a synergistic effect (Helping each other to work better). However, there are not enough studies to prove this point. There are certainly more topical scalp complaints with patients who use Rogaine.

It is well documented that in many cases if a patient stops using the Rogaine, within a short period of time they may experience a significant shedding of hairs. Because Propecia actually attacks the genetic issue of Male Pattern Baldness I believe using Finasteride by itself initially makes more sense. If after 9-12 months you see no slow down of hair loss you could always add Rogaine to your regimen.

• 2 weeks later...