losing graft at 2 month !!!

hello its been 2 months since my ht and yesterday i was massaging my scalp and removing some dandruff and then i noticed something harsh i started rubbing it a lil bit harder and then this came out (contain 5 hairs ) BA56C1FE-3C3C-455D-ACC9-0F600D80D38C.jpeg.d6372e6d6039d41aa01ebadcfe094835.thumb.jpeg.4b4ec70b7ac7d5ff1371ba1569512fc7.jpeggraft.jpg.77a18a03d74b39c7c9420f47cc8bf991.thumb.jpg.9a5a69db84394d25de7daad88aec956a.jpg😢

pls tell me if i lost a graft or not

ps : there was no blood but the area that i removed this from turned pink

thanks guys

If you were to lose a graft, it would have happened the day of or in the 2 subsequent days.  After day 3- it just does not happen.  You would have noticed lots of bleeding.  Your photo does bring up a concern.  Are you still dealing with crusts? It looks like you've been a bit gingerly with your hygiene.  I suggest you get in the shower, lather up and scrub.  You need to get all the crusts off before you develop an infection.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Would it be possible for some grafts that were not fully inserted into the channels and didn't anchor properly, or were damaged during insertion, and then those come up as dead grafts eventually? 

1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:

If you were to lose a graft, it would have happened the day of or in the 2 subsequent days.  After day 3- it just does not happen.  You would have noticed lots of bleeding.  Your photo does bring up a concern.  Are you still dealing with crusts? It looks like you've been a bit gingerly with your hygiene.  I suggest you get in the shower, lather up and scrub.  You need to get all the crusts off before you develop an infection.

i dont have any crusts i shower almost everyday its just this one that have this form thats why im scared

1 hour ago, SamV7 said:

Would it be possible for some grafts that were not fully inserted into the channels and didn't anchor properly, or were damaged during insertion, and then those come up as dead grafts eventually? 

i really dont know bro i hope they grows back thats all

Just now, yacine.drose said:

what if they have bulb ? im i screwed ?

Dude stop worrying, it has nothing attached to it, as lasercaps mentioned grafts are secure after a few days. This is just one that’s shed and stayed on your scalp. Happened to me a few times ! 👍🏽

2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Dude stop worrying, it has nothing attached to it, as lasercaps mentioned grafts are secure after a few days. This is just one that’s shed and stayed on your scalp. Happened to me a few times ! 👍🏽

yeah i know

but what about hairs that have bulb cuz i saw some with bulb

1 minute ago, yacine.drose said:

yeah i know

but what about hairs that have bulb cuz i saw some with bulb

A lost graft you would have noticed the first few days, you can’t miss the blood loss (trickle/stream) anything after this are going to be normal shedding. A actual whole graft coming out you would have noticed already. Blood loss + pain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

A lost graft you would have noticed the first few days, you can’t miss the blood loss (trickle/stream) anything after this are going to be normal shedding. A actual whole graft coming out you would have noticed already. Blood loss + pain. 

thanks for reasurrance bro

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JC71 said:

@JC71, theoretically, is it possibles for grafts to be damaged during insertion and die out a few weeks later and come out without bleeding? I've read that there's a small percentage of the grafts that don't make it. I'm just asking this to increase my knowledge and not saying this is the case for @yacine.drose. He is absolutely fine and nothing to be worry about. 

• Moderators

You are getting too worried about nothing. Even if you lost a graft, it's just one graft. One graft is not going to change the results of your hair transplant. Just relax and go through the waiting time for the hair to grow.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi Everyone! I am posting this question here again hoping to get an answer. I am not worried about this at all, and want to educate myself, but I found a few grafts (maybe up to 10) during my shedding phase that looks like a curled up hair follicles. It appears to me that they were implanted incorrectly into the channels, and the root curled up and wasn't inserted straight in. They didn't anchor to blood vessels and eventually die out and shed. Does what I explain happen at all during the implantation, or the curled up shape is misleading? Maybe it's due to the technique used? You can kinda see the papilla. 

Again, I'm not worried, just want to know what causes this :)

graft.jpg.d8f263bfbcfba521d1a960f5fbdf772a.jpg

As John and others have stated, these are not lost grafts.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY