What am I being prescribed and tested for, is this associated with my hair loss?

Hairtroubles

Hey there,

I've spoken to a few of you on here and I appreciate your help so far.  I'm just really in a crap mood and feeling super down right now.  Forgetting the hair transplant and just focusing on my general health, the hair transplant surgeon I was hoping to go for has asked me to go to a dermatologist, to do this I had to go to my GP.  They are awful here in the UK, they haven't even seen me in person and just are prescribing me things.  To say it how it is, I have hair loss, my head feels sensitive, and sometimes I am scratching my head, isn't that normal, a random itch? Anyways, because I am losing my hair, I over think it, I do not know, but the GP firstly prescribed me 

Dermovate - was putting it on been 2-3 weeks, not much changed.

Now I messaged my GP to get a dermatologist appointment and they prescribed me Sebco and Capasal.  I just put the Sebco ointment in, thick gooey stuff, as I rubbed it in, I felt like 10-15 hairs felt out, and I don't even know what it really is doing or if it is harming my hair even more?  After this, I will wash it out with Capasal shampoo which I need to do daily.  I just want to know, is this hurting or harming my hair or would help the hair loss/itch/sensitivity?

The blood test I am taking next week includes tests on:  Full blood count, Thyroid Function, Creatine, Electrolytes, and more.

I could really use some opinion or advice, whats your thoughts? This is the pic I sent to the GP and she said the following:

"From what you are describing and from what I can see from the photo, you are most likely suffering from a condition called seborrhoeic dermatitis. I have issued a prescription for some scalp ointment (Sebco) and also a shampoo (Capasal - I believe this shampoo is also available over the counter without a prescription) and this has been sent to your nominated pharmacy. I have also texted you a blood form and I would be grateful if you could get this blood test done to investigate any other potential causes of your hair loss. Once you have done the blood test, then please contact us again around 3-5 days later via econsult, so that we can review the results with you. If your symptoms are not improving then I think we should arrange to see you face to face and discuss a possible dermatology referral. A dermatologist would expect us to have arranged blood tests and tried the usual treatments before referring you and referrals tend to get rejected if we have not done these things first."

donor.jpeg

• Moderators

A female friend of mine takes Otezla for her scalp itchiness and it has worked great for her. She had tried other things first, but Otezla was the only one that worked. It's a pill rather than something you have to put on your scalp.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 hours ago, BeHappy said:

A female friend of mine takes Otezla for her scalp itchiness and it has worked great for her. She had tried other things first, but Otezla was the only one that worked. It's a pill rather than something you have to put on your scalp.

Thanks for the reply, is it prescription only?  Safe?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

Thanks for the reply, is it prescription only?  Safe?

Prescription only. I don't really know much about it other than it worked for her after several other things didn't.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.