What do 'popped' hairs look like post HT? How about 'immature' hairs?

Hoping to get some clarification, as I hear these terms a lot but don't really know what they mean.  

I am 6.5 months into my HT(and 5.5 months into finasteride) and have seen some decent growth early on, but it was very patchy and has basically paused since 5.5 months.  Since then, I've been bombarded by a nasty shed that hasn't yet abated...the doctor thinks it's seasonal but that could be another topic in and of itself.  

My question is, can you tell a native hair from a transplanted hair if the area wasn't slick bald (but rather "visibly hairless") beforehand?  Below are some real 1cm x 1cm close ups of my scalp in my worst (left, which was visibly hairless pre-op) and best (i.e. side donor, right) areas.  The blue circled hairs are pretty clear that they are transplanted to me (as well as the longer ones of similar caliber), but what about all of these thinner hairs (e.g. ones circled in red)?  Is it clear that they are all native miniaturized hairs or could some of them be transplanted grafts that are early on in their maturation phase?  For reference I have been transplanted at an average density of ~30 grafts/cm^2, and counting the thicker hairs in the picture on the left yields ~20 grafts.

image.thumb.png.b954743cd552bcf6a33863c63288c834.png  

Thank you!

Edited by Lightmare

32 minutes ago, Lightmare said:

Hoping to get some clarification, as I hear these terms a lot but don't really know what they mean.  

I am 6.5 months into my HT(and 5.5 months into finasteride) and have seen some decent growth early on, but it was very patchy and has basically paused since 5.5 months.  Since then, I've been bombarded by a nasty shed that hasn't yet abated...the doctor thinks it's seasonal but that could be another topic in and of itself.  

My question is, can you tell a native hair from a transplanted hair if the area wasn't slick bald (but rather "visibly hairless") beforehand?  Below are some real 1cm x 1cm close ups of my scalp in my worst (left, which was visibly hairless pre-op) and best (i.e. side donor, right) areas.  The blue circled hairs are pretty clear that they are transplanted to me (as well as the longer ones of similar caliber), but what about all of these thinner hairs (e.g. ones circled in red)?  Is it clear that they are all native miniaturized hairs or could some of them be transplanted grafts that are early on in their maturation phase?  

image.thumb.png.b954743cd552bcf6a33863c63288c834.png  

Thank you!

I would say the red dots are transplanted hairs which is wiry and have not matured, yes. It takes about 18 months for all transplanted hair to fully mature.

• Like 1