Need help about the manner of blending scalp with beard grafts

In the fut method a strip of skin for example 3000 grafts is cut then all the 3000 grafts are extracted from that strip to be implanted. So I ask if this  approach is possible is to extract the 3000 grafts from the same strip on your hard without cut the skin out of the head so the area of the strip will be fully blank of hair on your head then we can implant 1000 grafts from beard on this blank area. By this way we take the advantage of fut method  where we only extract a from the save zone and preserve the donor above and below this strip for 2nd procedure ; avoid getting linear scar from fut and implant scalp hairs which have a better density than beard in the frontal and mid scalp area  instead of implanting  beard hair in the mid scalp.

• Moderators

You would be better off doing FUT strip and then filling in the strip with some beard grafts if needed. If you FUE out all of the grafts in a strip like manner you will end up with a wider strip of scalp with no hair than you would if you just did FUT because with FUT the Dr has to close the strip with either sutures or staples which leaves you with a thinner scar than the width of the strip taken.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 minute ago, BeHappy said:

You would be better off doing FUT strip and then filling in the strip with some beard grafts if needed. If you FUE out all of the grafts in a strip like manner you will end up with a wider strip of scalp with no hair than you would if you just did FUT because with FUT the Dr has to close the strip with either sutures or staples which leaves you with a thinner scar than the width of the strip taken.

Exactly that. Not that any Dr would agree to doing what the OP is proposing anyway. Filling in a strip with one third the density of beard grafts would look very odd. It would give the impression of being over harvested as well as the hair not being uniform with the surrounding scalp hair. 
A strip takes the skin away and is closed back up. It’s down to laxity. 

• Like 1

500 beard grafts should blend in nicely and hopefully will camouflage the scar well.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY