Density and Scalp See Through

As I look at and study (an obsess over) my newly transplanted hair (just a little over 1 week old) I see that the density of the grafts is not as high as my old full sections of hair in back. (I couln't have realistically expected it to be)

But I can't help but wonder...If my previous hairline was thinning up front to begin with, and you could see through to the scalp, and if that old hairline was, let's say 1/4 inch, haven't I just simply added 2 more inches of "Thinning Hairline" where you'll STILL be able to see scalp everywhere?

Does that make sense?

NOTE - I wear my hair long, and combed up and back like Michael Douglas's "Gordon Gekko" character in Wall Sreet. LOL

So I'm concerned that all I've done is just added more thinning hair to the front, and you'll be able to see scalp everywhere.

Maybe I'm not understanding how the hair is supposed to look when (IF) it grows out fully and I comb it back?

I don't know what my # Grafts per CM is.

Thanks.

That's why I am a proponent of dense packing; it will not be as thick as hair unaffected by mpb, but it should not look like you are balding or thinning when done right from what I have read. Under bright light you will probably see scalp but it should look like naturally thin hair unaffected by mpb. When your ht grows in you could possibly get another ht to improve the density if needed. All the best

Originally posted by Jjarden:

As I look at and study (an obsess over) my newly transplanted hair (just a little over 1 week old) I see that the density of the grafts is not as high as my old full sections of hair in back. (I couln't have realistically expected it to be)

But I can't help but wonder...If my previous hairline was thinning up front to begin with, and you could see through to the scalp, and if that old hairline was, let's say 1/4 inch, haven't I just simply added 2 more inches of "Thinning Hairline" where you'll STILL be able to see scalp everywhere?

Does that make sense?

NOTE - I wear my hair long, and combed up and back like Michael Douglas's "Gordon Gekko" character in Wall Sreet. LOL

So I'm concerned that all I've done is just added more thinning hair to the front, and you'll be able to see scalp everywhere.

Maybe I'm not understanding how the hair is supposed to look when (IF) it grows out fully and I comb it back?

I don't know what my # Grafts per CM is.

Thanks.

Yes, you are correct. Much depnds on the density at which it was placed. You may need a second pass.

Jjarden, most HT patients will have some see-through effects especially under strong lighting. HT provides an illusion of density that is uncovered under strong lighting.

If you get a transplant with high coverage density, say 60 grafts per cm2, then you might be able to avoid the see-through effects under strong lights. However, only a select few might be able to afford such a high density, given the donor limitations and the degree of baldness (area to be covered).

hold on, we might have some confusion here. the hair you see after 1 week is NOT representative of the final density you're going to get. I don't think you can begin to judge what final density will be like until at least the 8 month mark. that said, I would suggest asking your doctor at what density they inserted your grafts at.

Also, while dense packing may seem a no brainer, I think it all depends on the patient. If I had 60+/cm2 implanted in my front 1/3 it probably wouldn't match the rest of my head. Is there enough supply to implant 60+/cm2 on a NW 6 patienr? I doubt it. Therefore, if you go for dense packing you should probably be sure not be eventually go to a NW 6.

I think dense packing could be great, but probably only for a select few patients.