A single hair that discolored and returned to its starting color before shedding!

Very random question, but has anyone seen a hair like this before?  Just found this 1” zombie on my countertop.

It seems to have lost its color but it came back, like a boomerang or the Lost Son.  What’s remarkable is how abrupt the transitions are.  I am wondering if intermittent stress might cause this?  Anyone know?

8A2ECF40-1E56-455E-8B45-3DA88450FE13.jpeg

Edited by Lightmare

• Lightmare changed the title to A single hair that discolored and returned to its starting color before shedding!
  • Administrators

I had one hair in my hairline that was grey, but now I no longer see it. I think it may have something to do with anagen desynchronization

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin, interesting, I hadn't heard of that phenomenon before.  I looked it up, sounds like part of the HT process as explained by Eugenix.  For other readers, anagen desynchronization marks the 'high water mark' of post op appearance as the hair growth phase randomizes after that. 

However that video says that anagen desynchronization happens after ~10 months post procedure, but I wonder if the point at which it happens varies from patient to patient as well?  Would that be too early at only 6.5 months post HT

My transplanted region is shedding significantly since 5.5 months post op and I would hope that something like this isn't the cause since that would mean I've reached peak HT appearance only 5.5 months in...even if more hairs grew in after that it'd be pretty disappointing that it wouldn't look better than that :(

Edited by Lightmare