Dr Arshad - opinions?

Hi all, would you recommend Dr Arshad (The Hair Dr - UK)? I would appreciate feedback based on some form of evidence, whether it’s personal experience or a specific case that impressed you etc. Please don’t just say that you think he’s great or awful with no context as that’s not helpful.

I’m mixed, curly hair, Norwood 2.

A few people have recommended him and said out of the Drs in the UK, he’s the one to go to for curly or afro hair, however I’ve only seen 2 examples of this hair type on their Instagram page - and none on the website. 

Thanks guys, and sorry if there’s already a thread like this! 

You're going to get some here who like him, and he is forum recommended which will further this, but I personally am not a big fan. Don't think he's a bad doc by any means and his clinic seems to have good ethical practices in terms of after care and support, but I'm not particularly impressed with his results overall. 

At the end of the day, there are quite a few patient posted cases between this site and the UK forum, so the same advice applies in that you should comb through each one and decide for yourself whether or not you think his results are consistently good and would be happy with most of what you see. 

I'd look towards Belgium for Afro hair in particular; Bisanga, Mwamba or Lupanzula.

• Like 1

He is not on the same level as the Drs mentioned by myself on your other thread. @JDEE0has also mentioned the same names I did (+Feriduni)  as showing the best results for curly/Afro hair. Far better options than Dr Arshad or any other Uk choices. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

@JDEE0 thanks, I've seen a few threads on a different forum where the patients have needed top-ups due to poor results -  apparently they offer it free of charge though which is nice, but ideally I'd just like it to be successful the first time seeing as the whole process seems quite stressful. On the flipside I've seem some results from him which look fantastic. Annoyingly the UK is on the red list for Belgium, so I wouldn't even be able to enter the country unless I get fully vaxxed. 🤦‍♂️ (not an anti-vaxer btw.) I would travel to Belgium if it meant getting a top-tier doctor, but I'll do some more digging.

@JC71 haven't heard of Feriduni before, is he Belgium based too? I'll have a look.

Edited by Mixed93

2 minutes ago, Mixed93 said:

@JDEE0 thanks, I've seen a few threads on a different forum where the patients have needed top-ups due to poor results -  apparently they offer it free of charge though which is nice, but ideally I'd just like it to be successful the first time seeing as the whole process seems quite stressful. On the flipside I've seem some results from him which look fantastic. Annoyingly the UK is on the red list for Belgium, so I wouldn't even be able to enter the coutnry unless I get fully vaxxed. 🤦‍♂️ (not an anti-vaxer btw.) I would  travel to Belgium if it meant getting a top-tier doctor, but I'll do some more digging.

@JC71 haven't heard of Feriduni before, is he Belgium based too? I'll have a look.

Yes he is 👍🏽 

I had my HT with Dr Arshad about 15 months ago and I’m very happy with my result. I was thinking of going abroad but it was just easier and less hassle to have a procedure here in the UK. My HT journey is documented on this site if you want to see my results. The clinic have been very supportive and I’m having a very small top up in January just to make 2 small thinner patches completely perfect. This is another reason I’m glad I had my HT in the UK as it’s just a 4 hour drive up the road.

4 hours ago, Thebaldingman said:

I had my HT with Dr Arshad about 15 months ago and I’m very happy with my result. I was thinking of going abroad but it was just easier and less hassle to have a procedure here in the UK. My HT journey is documented on this site if you want to see my results. The clinic have been very supportive and I’m having a very small top up in January just to make 2 small thinner patches completely perfect. This is another reason I’m glad I had my HT in the UK as it’s just a 4 hour drive up the road.

Hey, thanks. So you’re having a small top up for density? Was this mentioned during your initial consultation? Is the hair dr carrying out this touch up free of charge or do you have to pay?