Is it safe to use NIOXIN shampoo and conditioner after DHI /FUE ?

13 hours ago, JC71 said:

Your clinic/Dr should have given you post op instructions, and normally would either give you a shampoo to use or recommend one. I wouldn’t use anything else that wasn’t recommended/prescribed.

Thank you for your comment . Still I d like to know what Doctors on this field think about. The clinic I did it in Turkey didn’t even know about Nioxin . 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, J G said:

Thank you for your comment . Still I d like to know what Doctors on this field think about. The clinic I did it in Turkey didn’t even know about Nioxin . 

Which clinic was this ? Slightly worrying they are not even aware. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

@Dr. Suhail Khokhar@DrTBarghouthi may be kind enough to comment. However a DHT blocking shampoo wouldn’t be recommended for use for about 2 weeks after a ht. Every Clinic gives different after care instructions, but normally it’s around 2 weeks. 

I would only recommend a mild shampoo for the first month. Normal shampoos can be used after that, although I would like to add Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo, once or twice weekly after that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

12 hours ago, JC71 said:

Which clinic was this ? Slightly worrying they are not even aware. 

There are way too many hair Transplantation “ clinics “ in Istanbul now . It has become a big business with no real care for the patients .many  Aseptic concerns you don’t realized until you are in the middle of the procedure. 
I regretted exposing myself to all of this . I would not recommend it to anyone . 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, J G said:

There are way too many hair Transplantation “ clinics “ in Istanbul now . It has become a big business with no real care for the patients .many  Aseptic concerns you don’t realized until you are in the middle of the procedure. 
I regretted exposing myself to all of this . I would not recommend it to anyone . 

Yes, unfortunately people can arrive here too late. And the damage is done. We recommend about 6 clinics in Turkey and that’s it. Even when we do try and steer people away they don’t always listen. So many risks involved, over harvesting, multi grafts in the hairline, poor/no growth, scarring the list goes on and on. Turkey is 99.9% hair mills. 

Edited by JC71
  • Thanks 1