Hi everyone, I have some questions about dupa that I can’t seem to find across the internet. 

a few months ago, I noticed my hair beginning to thin around my hairline but no recession. The more I started to pay attention, it seems like maybe my entire head has lost some density. It isn’t really noticeable to others yet, but the idea of dupa has me paranoid. I’ve noticed that when i comb the sides/back of my head, I’ll find these tiny, super thin, barely visible hairs. I’d say they account for about 15-20% of the hairs I lose daily. I’ve heard miniaturized hairs aren’t over 3 cm, but there are typically full length hairs, just incredibly thin.

I guess what I’m asking, is is this indicative of dupa? Or do most people lose a percent of skinny hairs? Should my hair be a uniform thickness or is variation normal?

also, I’ve heard dupa typically presents in your teens or early twenties and by 25 or so, it’s pretty clear if you’ve got it . I’m 30 now and have had no prior hair loss issues until this year. I google dupa and my head certainly doesn’t look like what I see, but I worry if that’s where I’m headed due to the hairs I’m finding. 

any input would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post. Thanks!

I go back and forth on if this looks normal or not. For context, always have had finer hair. But I’m not sure if I should see this much scalp when I move it around? This and the finer hairs have me paranoid.

38681AB2-56D1-41AF-BFB7-5A853C6BC511.jpeg

93CAEBDE-29AF-4B34-B679-6A50DB8F20EF.jpeg

Will defer to any doctors here or doctors that you see in person, and you can have it microscopically checked to verify, but this doesn't look like DUPA to me. All the cases I've seen confirmed here and elsewhere of DUPA usually involve some pretty bad diffuse thinning in the donor region. Your hair is pretty thick (you're pulling it back, so not unexpected to see some skin) and the donor region looks good, I wouldn't worry about it, tbh.