Need suggestions if the following health conditions effect hair loss/hair restoration

My current age is 43 . I would like to go about deciding on hair restoration either using medication or using the hair transplant.

I have few questions on whether the following health conditions inhibit someone in kind of hair restoration methodologies like using medication or going for hair transplant.

1. Currently and also for quite some time I seem to have dermatitis on my scalp possible donor area i.e. behind my head above the neck . Could it be an issue in case in the donor area there is some skin condition for hair transplant to be done

2. In the recent year seem to have borderline Thyroid and most probably has resulted in hair loss more but have not been using any medication for it. Can any of the medication that is used to restore hair effect or worsen my borderline (Subclinical Hypothyroidism) Using diet I kind of have kept in control but just thinking if medication will trigger it back and cause problems.

Apart from them have other minor niggles like Hypertension and Cholesterol which I am assuming may not effect the hair restoration process. However the above two points look pertinent to consider the Hair transplantation or go the Bruce Willis way. 

Any suggestions or advise are welcome. 

I am currently located in Southern part of India . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Hi @Andy78 I'm not a doctor but I believe it would be best to stabilize your scalp dermatitis before surgery. I am not aware of any hair loss medications that may affect your Thyroid condition (nor your cholesterol levels). Again, it would be best to run this by your doctor. Wishing you all the best!

Without a doubt, these are questions and concerns that only a doctor can answer.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY