Surgeon/hair

Bonek

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I would like to point out that I'm so glad that I found this forum 😊

I've been lurking for quite a while here and read ton of posts. I finally decided to create my own topic and ask you guys for some advices. 

About me:

I'm 25 years old (soon 26). Since I was 20 years old I have been told by that my hair is thin and that I'm balding. I just kept ignoring it and my hair didn't change at all or atleast it didn't change too much (I think so, not sure though). I had thin hair since I remember. 

Family history:

My dad is 61 and still has nice hair. I got same receding hairline like him and have been told by hairdresser that we got pretty alike hair, but I doubt it. He has thick black/grey hair and he started seeing grey hair when he was about 20. My maternal grandfather always had nice hair. My mom and my maternal grandmother both have thin hair. I got very similiar hair to my mom. So my guess is that I inherited hair from my mom.

Medicaments/disorders:

Half year ago I went to the best trychologist in my country (atleast from my research it turned out that she was the best). I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness and got prescribed oral minox and 1mg fin. In my opinion my hair didn't change too much on fin, but when I visited hair last week, I have been told that she can see some improvement and told me to keep taking those meds. I also have been told that I'm Norwood 1 and my baldness pattern is more alike to female pattern baldness (which kind of confirms my theory that I inherited my mom's hair).

I also got high TSH levels.

Photos/hair:

I have attached all photos below. My balding pattern is best visible in good light (photo: top scalp1). 

Questions:

Firstly, apologizes for prolonged introduction. I wanted to give you guys as much information as I could. Now finally getting to meritum:

I'm planning to get hair transplant in december/january. My top 1 surgeon is Dr. Bicer. I was also thinking about Dr.Feriduni. Of course I'm still open to other surgeons options. Can you guys advice me which surgeon would be better for my balding pattern? I have seen alike cases like mine with Dr. Bicer.

I would love to get rid of my receding hairline and thicken my frontal scalp. Also, how many grafts would I need in your opinions?

Best regards and thank you so much for potential responses in advance.

donor.png

front1.png

front2.png

profile.png

receding hairline 2.png

receding hairline.PNG

top scalp1.png

top scalp2.jpg

top scalp3.png

top scalp4.png

top scalp5.png

• Administrators

Firstly, welcome to the forum. I’m glad you found us. I would say you’re a Norwood 2/3. I don’t see a female pattern. It looks like typical male pattern in these photos. 

Now, I think you have to excellent choices. Dr. Feriduni is a Coalition surgeon, he’s viewed as an elite doctor. 

Dr. Bicer, is a fantastic, ethical doctor who’s an affordable option. I imagine you’re in Europe. I would also recommend Dr. Bisanga and Dr. De Freitas. 

Feel free to look at our full list of recommendations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You have pretty awesome hair dude ! And no I can’t see a female pattern at all. Seems like a good frontal third procedure will have you sorted 👍🏽 Definitely consider Dr Freitas, Dr Feriduni, Dr Ferreira and Dr Pinto. Personally I think Dr Freitas is doing the best hairlines anywhere worldwide.. yes maybe Couto as well… 

Edited by JC71

Thank you so much for fast responses 😄

I imagine you’re in Europe

Yes, I'm from Poland.

I know it might be a silly question or quite hard to answer, but between those 3 surgeons, which one would you guys pick: Dr. Bicer, Dr.Feriduni, Dr. Freitas?

Just now, Bonek said:

Thank you so much for fast responses 😄

Yes, I'm from Poland.

I know it might be a silly question or quite hard to answer, but between those 3 surgeons, which one would you guys pick: Dr. Bicer, Dr.Feriduni, Dr. Freitas?

It can be personal choice of course but I think Dr Freitas is doing the best hairline work. Just look at as many results as you can before making any choices.