Who here uses Avodart?

mrkneed

I received a prescription for Avodart from a general practitioner back in September. I tried it for one month. Initially, taking .5mg a day and then 1.5 mg every other day. By the second week I was experiencing pain in my testicles.

The big surprise came when my girlfriend and I noticed a dark/brownish color to my semen. That's when I panicked and went to a urologist. The urologist told me it was blood and what happened was that the avodart was shrinking the prostate - as it is supposed to do.

During the time I was on Avodart,I also noticed that my metabolism slowed down and I started gaining weight. This became very noticeable to me.

Overall, Avodart resulted in hormonal imbalances for me. I doubt I will get back on it in the future. I've been on Propecia for several years prior to trying Avodart. I now take 2mg Propecia everyday and mix in Proscar every other day.

been on Avodart for 2 years and 4 months; was on propecia for 5 years prior to that; I feel Avodart has essentially stopped my hairloss; maybe even strengthened my crown a bit; Propecia had worked well prior to Avodart but i feel that MPB was still progressing, albeit slowly; i started with 2.5 mg/day for 10 days to get it in my system; then just .5 mg/day; i have had no sides with Avodart or Propecia;

• 1 month later...

Been on Dutasteride (Dutas) for about 4 months, no more hair loss and slight re-growth on temple but not noticeable to anyone else.

Started on 2.5mg then 1 mg the next day 0.5mg a day after that for 1 month and now im on 0.5mg a week due to having very little money to afford it but still no hairloss since i started far as i can tell.

Im only a norwood 2 and only on one side so my dosage is basically to stop anymore loss regrowth is not a big issue for me and side effect are only watery semen.

i've been on it for about a month and a half... have not noticed ANY sides.... i take .5 mg a day

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you