Washing your hair after FUE? (Long term and in general)

Hey guys, so in general with haircare I have seen topics/articles that say in general washing your hair every day is bad for your hair. Especially with shampoo. I see articles for a whle that say washing every 3rd day is good, I don't know the actual reasons why though they say that. (I've always washed my hair daily for years!)

Anyways, my question is also after FUE - so immediately after the first week we use the shampoo the clinic gives us to remove the scabbing that's fine. Now the clinic lady told me as for me it's been post 2 weeks now, that I shouldn't in general wash my hair everyday. So my question is more a general one and especially to those who had an FUE to ask do you wash your hair daily, if no then how often do you wash your hair? And the reasons why too :)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

i started washing my hair as normal around 10 day mark....with my normal shampoo and conditioner that contain biotin, and other vitamins/good stuff. also added nizoral 3x week.

Everyday?
My clinic told me not to wash everyday and in general I see alot of people say not to wash hair everyday.

11 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

Not had a HT but I wash every 3rd day, washing your hair too often strips your scalp of essential oils. If you can bear to use cold water, even better.

Ok yes exactly what's what I have seen people say for a long time. One of my uncles passed away at 80, kept full head of hair throughout his life. His main thing was not using shampoo, and washing every 3rd day max!

I want to use cold water, seems to be alot of health benefits to it - do you use cold water to shower with? 

4 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Ok yes exactly what's what I have seen people say for a long time. One of my uncles passed away at 80, kept full head of hair throughout his life. His main thing was not using shampoo, and washing every 3rd day max!

I want to use cold water, seems to be alot of health benefits to it - do you use cold water to shower with? 

I do but not consistently. I might do it for a week or so but then one day I just won't fancy it and end up falling into having hot showers again instead. Hot water really dries out my hair and skin, I've found that when I do cold showers my skin stays moisturised and that's presumably the case for my scalp as well. Cold showers are a mental battle but once you're in you're usually fine after about 10 seconds, although the first few times will cause a bit of a shock and you'll probably struggle to breathe.

I have to admit though, my hair feels cleaner if I have a hot shower the day I wash it. I think it's about striking a balance. At the moment I do a cold shower on the 1st and 2nd day, then the 3rd day I have a hot shower to wash my hair and then a blast of cold water at the end.