Minoxidil - was on it and had heart palpitations, anxiety, unable to sleep, this normal?

Hairtroubles

Hey, 

I didn't want to mix threads.  If you want to read a detailed thread about me you can find it here:  

However, I went to a trichologist, paid quite a bit of money.  She said that due to the little hairs I have she would put me on minoxidil.  Three weeks in I developed heart palpitations and could hear my heart beat non stop.  I got super anxious, didn't sleep, was in a very bad way.  I have been off it three days now or more.

• Does Minoxidil cause this?  How do you handle it? 
  • Does taking lower amount of min fix this, I believe I was taking 1 ml a day.  She told me to use two fingers spray it into my fingers, and rub in, but I used a pipette of 1 ml.  Divided it to 0.50 and did it twice a day.
  • How does it interact with Beta Blockers, my doctor prescribed me Propranolol to take, haven't started yet but I will soon.  Is this okay?
  • Is foam different to liquid, any way to over come this, why does this happen?
  • Is minoxidil even worth it, genuinely.  You lose the hairs that you gained if you stop, however, someone said you can keep the hairs if they become terminal?

Cheers, 

Reading that other thread, I am thinking this is partially psychosomatic. Your head is a mess. I've never heard of topical minoxidil causing heart palpitations. I mean, they sell that over the counter. Was it 5% solution? Foam is no different.

If you stop using minoxidil, you'll slowly lose the benefits. Same with finasteride, it's basically a life long treatment. Transplanted hair generally is permanent.

Why are you taking beta blockers? For anxiety? Surely not for hair loss... I believe beta blockers can *cause* hair loss, no?

• Like 1

The easy answer is to do nothing. Shave it off and be happy with it.

You're opposed to finasteride, which is designed to prevent to future loss of native hair. Minoxidil is a stimulant that improves quality and longevity of your native hair. Two different approaches to manage hair loss. Without those two, a transplant is your only option, really. The best solution, which most of us are doing, is all of them... meds and transplant. 

Maybe visit a different trichologist? At least an in-person consultation with a hair transplant doctor.

59 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

The easy answer is to do nothing. Shave it off and be happy with it.

You're opposed to finasteride, which is designed to prevent to future loss of native hair. Minoxidil is a stimulant that improves quality and longevity of your native hair. Two different approaches to manage hair loss. Without those two, a transplant is your only option, really. The best solution, which most of us are doing, is all of them... meds and transplant. 

Maybe visit a different trichologist? At least an in-person consultation with a hair transplant doctor.

Okay, and is minoxidil alone even at all worth it, genuinely, can I try with Min alone? Would that be okay?