Your opinion on this?

Baseman

So j contacted a few clinics, some say they can do the transplant, but some clinics state that I should wait as there is a high chance there will be shockloss when doing a hair transplant, I've been on finasteride for a decade mainly on/off, look at my image and tell me what i should do at this point, I don't wish to use minoxidil as it causes rapid heart beat and eye bags.. posted wet and dry hair images below, tell me how I can fix this, seems to me finasteride isn't working that well as it used to..

DRY HAIR [dry hair]

https://ibb.co/WVPSHnz

WET HAIR [wet hair]

https://ibb.co/Gnt2GRc

Edited by Baseman
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, so I've contacted asmed, and bhr both stated that you should wait as there is a high risk of shock loss, damaging existing hair.

Clinics like cosmedica who estimated 4500 grafts, and there was another one can't figure out the name..

So I have mixed feelings about getting a hair transplant atm, im taking 1.2mg finasteride daily sometimes I skip a day.  That's my only current regimen. Can't take minoxidil due to rapid heart beat and eye bags, and i feel like finasteride no longer effective as it used to be,  so seeking alternatives i want to improve the density on my mid top/crown areas and try to restore hairline which I think its not that possible 

Edited by Baseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baseman said:

Thanks for the welcome, so I've contacted asmed, and bhr both stated that you should wait as there is a high risk of shock loss, damaging existing hair.

Clinics like cosmedica who estimated 4500 grafts, and there was another one can't figure out the name..

So I have mixed feelings about getting a hair transplant atm, im taking 1.2mg finasteride daily sometimes I skip a day.  That's my only current regimen. Can't take minoxidil due to rapid heart beat and eye bags, and i feel like finasteride no longer effective as it used to be,  so seeking alternatives i want to improve the density on my mid top/crown areas and try to restore hairline which I think its not that possible 

Listen to ASMED and Dr Bisanga, they actually have your best interests at heart. Cosmedica and other hair mills will happily take anybody.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Listen to ASMED and Dr Bisanga, they actually have your best interests at heart. Cosmedica and other hair mills will happily take anybody.. 

I understand that, and surprised they actually said these things, however regarding my hairline which receeded really badly and crown area how can I improve those?

1 hour ago, Baseman said:

I understand that, and surprised they actually said these things, however regarding my hairline which receeded really badly and crown area how can I improve those?

Fin will help but you need to stay consistent and not be missing days etc. Try consulting with a few more clinics too. Eugenix are very good and worth contacting ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Fin will help but you need to stay consistent and not be missing days etc. Try consulting with a few more clinics too. Eugenix are very good and worth contacting ! 

If I'm trying for a baby do I need to be off fin? If so how long

6 hours ago, Baseman said:

If I'm trying for a baby do I need to be off fin? If so how long

Not necessarily:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.2164/jandrol.109.009381

"In summary, a 1‐mg dose of finasteride does not appear to adversely affect spermatogenesis. In addition, the level present in the ejaculate of patients taking 1 mg appears to be negligible. Thus, there does not appear to be any need to stop 1 mg of finasteride in those patients trying to conceive or in those whose partners are pregnant."

As always, talk to your doctor.

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.