Second hair transplant after 6 months?

I got my first hair transplant 4 months ago in turkey, 5000 grafts over two days. 

I'm not seeing any growth in my crown area. The recommended time frame is 4-6 months for 80% of the total growth.

I was wondering if I could maybe get a smaller 2000 graft transplant in the states at six months.

I don't want to wait 8 months plus only to find out the giant hole in the back of my head has not covered up and that the hair transplant I got was a failure.

The picture with growth was taken today.

FD1A4DE5-70B7-44A0-955E-F5ED226A07EE.jpeg

593C6805-E7CC-454F-A646-0C7E24EA5CF6.jpeg

760D15F6-029C-4286-9BC4-29B1A1B6698C.jpeg

Hold up, this is way, way too early to be expecting any real growth. In particular the crown which can take up to 18 months to fully mature. 
Your growth timelines are out. For most people the growth will only begin from month 4. As in it will just be breaking the surface. Most people face the best growth from month 6-9 but it varies a lot. Everyone is different.

No clinic will accept you at 6 months. Typically you will need to wait at least 12 months after your last transplant. Don’t be in a rush here, it’s going to take time to see what results you get.

Which Clinic/Dr did you choose ? Also how old are you ? Thanks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but 4 months is not nearly enough time to see results.  You should absolutely wait.  Hell at 4 months your probably still healing.  Should wait atleast a year.

If you are that self-conscious right now I would just look into getting some good hair fibers to cover.  They can go a long way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

At 4 months you should be just starting to see some growth. Expecting to have most of the growth already is not realistic. Not wanting to wait is not a reason to get more work done so soon. You need to wait.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

You need to wait ideally about 1.5 years before getting a second procedure and as others have mentioned 6 months is too early to fully gauge your progress

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

I think the reason why people start to become nervous at  4-6 months including me is because there are many patients who get such a spectacular result at 5-6 months. I am around 5.5 months and I think I am around 50 % growth ( at least that's what I am hoping). I can still clearly see scalp through my hairline. Hopefully it gets better in few months.

For crown it takes even longer than hairline to show growth so you have to wait atleast 2-3 months before even thinking about the result. Not sure if you are taking propecia but for crown it helps a lot.