My experience with Saw Palmetto + Stinging Nettle Root

Niko

2 hours ago, BaldDude said:

Very interesting. Does a lower serum DHT always lead to a lower scalp DHT?

That is the question. Based on my empirical observations I haven't seen any increase in hair follicles but I haven't seen any decrease either. I am going to continue with my citizen research for another 12 months to see if my male pattern baldness has stabilised. 

Another interesting phenomenon with taking DHT reducers, it may lead to a slight increase in testosterone levels. Based on my testosterone results being above the upper threshold, at 47 years of age, one may conclude that this may be correct.

Edited by EricEdwards

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Very well done Eric,

I was eagerly awaiting to see your results and I'm happy to see that mine and yours are very close now.

Granted, I'm around NW 1.5, I've stopped it on time, I can't guarantee regrowth to anyone, but completely stopping hair loss I think that's more than a guarantee at this point, and my hairs did thicken a bit compared to 3 years ago, the only exception would be if someone was so susceptible to DHT that hair loss occurs at even normal levels, but that's what they mean when they say genetic hair loss, they mean those types of cases.

The next step is to figure out how to make hair follicles grow again, I'll be trying dermaneedles of 2mm-2.5mm once a week, I've been doing about 1.5-2mm for a long time now once a week, and i'll be adding rosemary oil and mint right after the puncturing (and continuing with everyday applicatons of oils), to see if it makes any difference once it breaches the bloodstream.

I hope this thread was helpful to anyone reading, regrowing your hairs is hard but stopping hair loss is DEFINITELY possible without taking fin/dut.

Thank you Niko. You had started my journey on natural DHT reducers. 

I'm considering purchasing my derma roller in the next week or so. Based on my research it seems that 1.5 mm is the optimum depth of needle. Anything over 2mm may lead to damage to the hair follicle roots. 

2 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I’m confused. Why would taking 5 times higher dose of finasteride result in higher dht levels?

Yes it does seem counterintuitive that increasing finasteride may lead to an increase slightly in DHT levels.

However, looking at the video below, it may seem that taking finasteride at levels above 1 mg may not lead to a significant reduction in DHT levels. 

I welcome your thoughts on the video below which was presented by two physicians:

https://youtu.be/htBPxLOC47I?si=5h2-lNSxWHUtzmP9

Edited by EricEdwards

1 hour ago, EricEdwards said:

That is the question. Based on my empirical observations I haven't seen any increase in hair follicles but I haven't seen any decrease either. I am going to continue with my citizen research for another 12 months to see if my male pattern baldness has stabilised. 

Another interesting phenomenon with taking DHT reducers, it may lead to a slight increase in testosterone levels. Based on my testosterone results being above the upper threshold, at 47 years of age, one may conclude that this may be correct.

Not in my case, my testosterone level is pretty low after using DHT reducers for over a year.