With travel being resumed, any Aussies planning their overseas HT?

Hi,

Given that we have just been given the good news that international travel will be opening up soon, I just wanted to see if there were any Aussies who were planning their HT overseas? If so, which doctor are you planning on using?

After doing a lot of research over the years, I had an FUE (2,500 grafts into temples) operation with Dr Ozlem Bicer in Turkey planned for April 2020. My girlfriend and I were planning on travelling around Europe for 6 months, flights were booked and paid for, and then overseas travel was restricted so we didn't end up going which meant I couldn't go ahead with the HT

I'm not sure I can do a trip to Turkey this time due to lack of time, so I was thinking of using a reputable doctor closer to Australia and Dr Path in Bangkok is looking like a solid option given the positive reviews of his work.

I just wanted to ask if any other Aussies on here have some ideas on reputable doctors performing solid FUE procedures closer to Australia that they are planning on seeing once we are allowed to travel?

Hi Hristo, I'm 25yo, currently stuck in NSW's draconic lockdown. I'm planning to do a DHI in Turkey, since I heard DHI is more natural and is the most modern technique, and does not leave scars like the FUE. I'm still researching, but I'm also getting recommendations of a doctor in Thailand and some in Germany. Can't wait to fly. 

3 minutes ago, silentkiller079 said:

Hi Hristo, I'm 25yo, currently stuck in NSW's draconic lockdown. I'm planning to do a DHI in Turkey, since I heard DHI is more natural and is the most modern technique, and does not leave scars like the FUE. I'm still researching, but I'm also getting recommendations of a doctor in Thailand and some in Germany. Can't wait to fly. 

No this isn’t correct DHI is just a method of FUE it will still leave scarring. All FUE will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hristo13 said:

Hi,

Given that we have just been given the good news that international travel will be opening up soon, I just wanted to see if there were any Aussies who were planning their HT overseas? If so, which doctor are you planning on using?

After doing a lot of research over the years, I had an FUE (2,500 grafts into temples) operation with Dr Ozlem Bicer in Turkey planned for April 2020. My girlfriend and I were planning on travelling around Europe for 6 months, flights were booked and paid for, and then overseas travel was restricted so we didn't end up going which meant I couldn't go ahead with the HT

I'm not sure I can do a trip to Turkey this time due to lack of time, so I was thinking of using a reputable doctor closer to Australia and Dr Path in Bangkok is looking like a solid option given the positive reviews of his work.

I just wanted to ask if any other Aussies on here have some ideas on reputable doctors performing solid FUE procedures closer to Australia that they are planning on seeing once we are allowed to travel?

Dr Path is good, have you seen the forums recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Hristo13 said:

Hi,

I live in Melbourne and to date Scott Morrison has not made any specific announcement on an exact date for overseas travel. I too am waiting to travel overseas to Eugenix for surgery. The airlines and the media however have announced that when we reach 80% vaccination which is targeted to hit at around Christmas we can travel to limited countries like London, Singapore, etc. April has been stated when we can travel to several more countries at higher risk. I’m as eager to travel as the next patient but I will be waiting until my eggs are in the pudding! All the best!

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, silentkiller079 said:

Yes as John has stated DHI is basically FUE and will leave FUE scars. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, silentkiller079 said:

There is absolutely NO scarless surgery. DHI is merely marketing ploy used to draw in the uneducated. It's just another type of FUE. Method doesn't matter nearly as much as operator experience and technique. Typically the more physician involvement the better. Do more research on this site. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Once New Zealand opens up to the world I will be rescheduling my surgery with Eugenix which was suppose to take place in June of 2020. 

Does anyone know how long they're booked out for these days? I have seen some good results from Dr Laorwong of Thiland who is featured on this forum and kindly met me virtually for an online consultation last year - might consider him if India are still on the banned travel list next year.... Time will tell. 

Luckily 2 years of Fin has halted my loss so I'm not feeling as desperate as I was in 2019 when I began my research. I look forward to sharing my journey soon. Cheers.

• Valued Contributor

@baldbanditoI would contact Eugenix direct. Stay on finasteride as that is great news that you obviously don't have any side effects. Like myself here in Melbourne, you have waited this long, so I would stick with the surgeon that best meets your needs. I look forward to following your journey. All the best!

• Like 1

DHI is still a FUE procedure but they use an implanter (choi) pen to implant the grafts. It's not something new.

It's one of the three main implantation techniques:

1. Pre-Made Slits.
2. Stick and Place.
3. DHI

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@baldbanditoI would contact Eugenix direct. Stay on finasteride as that is great news that you obviously don't have any side effects. Like myself here in Melbourne, you have waited this long, so I would stick with the surgeon that best meets your needs. I look forward to following your journey. All the best!

Indian myself, can't wait to go back home and get it done. 

• Like 2