Off Topic - Ear Pinning

TorontoMan

Off hair topic here, but wanted to know if anyone has any experience they could share with Ear pinning or otoplasty. I have slightly protruding ears that I wouldnt mind getting pinned back a slight bit but its also not a massive issue for me either. Reason why it comes to mind now is because I recently ran into a buddy who did the procedure and looked amazing on him and wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. 

So my question is, does anyone have experience with this procedure and is there a forumn like this one dedicated to a quality surgeon search because like hair I want to make sure if I do it I'm going to the best and getting it right the first time. Any info. you could share is appreciated. Thank you 

I consulted with a couple of doctors. I think the topic is related to Hair, at least in my case. My ear stick out only if I shave my head. Not noticeable at all when I have hair. 

So I wanted to do something about it. I forgot the details but there are two methods one is surgical the other is not (does not involve large incisions). Most docs offer the first not the second, since the first is more permanent. The second was developed and is more commonly used in Germany AFAIK. 

Anyway, the thing to know is that with the surgical procedure at least takes time to heal. They apparently pin your ears all the way, and count on the muscle memory to push back the ears further out. So while the downtime is short the final result is months away AFAI understood.