Late Shedding - does it cause problems?

Hi all, 

I’ve found this group to be an enormous source of support and information both before and after my HT, so I thought I would tap into your collective knowledge with a question I had…

I had my FUE HT at the end of July. I was happy with how it looked in the days immediately following the procedure. I was fully prepared for the shedding phase, but one month later I hadn’t experienced any shedding. I was starting to think perhaps I was one of the lucky few that doesn’t experience shedding. Alas, at around 5 weeks post-op it started. I’m now at just after 6 weeks post-op, and although I have lost a lot of the hair, there’s still a decent amount remaining. So I have two questions: 

should I manually remove the remaining hair, or just let nature take its course? Are there any issues related to non-shedding hair? 

If I started to shed later than normal, does that mean I can expect the new hair to come through later than normal? 

Thanks in advance. Photo 1 is one week post-op, photo 2 is today, just over 6 weeks post-op. 

E1A95FDF-86E2-46B1-86C2-2B105650AB3F.thumb.jpeg.046c6ce1cecaadd68f5ed98c68164b2d.jpegD2BDCD46-FD63-4FCD-92A3-7A97297E0BF4.thumb.jpeg.655cb2c038e75b3ba9be74d1994b795c.jpeg

5 hours ago, Smudge27 said:

Hi all, 

I’ve found this group to be an enormous source of support and information both before and after my HT, so I thought I would tap into your collective knowledge with a question I had…

I had my FUE HT at the end of July. I was happy with how it looked in the days immediately following the procedure. I was fully prepared for the shedding phase, but one month later I hadn’t experienced any shedding. I was starting to think perhaps I was one of the lucky few that doesn’t experience shedding. Alas, at around 5 weeks post-op it started. I’m now at just after 6 weeks post-op, and although I have lost a lot of the hair, there’s still a decent amount remaining. So I have two questions: 

should I manually remove the remaining hair, or just let nature take its course? Are there any issues related to non-shedding hair? 

If I started to shed later than normal, does that mean I can expect the new hair to come through later than normal? 

Thanks in advance. Photo 1 is one week post-op, photo 2 is today, just over 6 weeks post-op. 

E1A95FDF-86E2-46B1-86C2-2B105650AB3F.thumb.jpeg.046c6ce1cecaadd68f5ed98c68164b2d.jpegD2BDCD46-FD63-4FCD-92A3-7A97297E0BF4.thumb.jpeg.655cb2c038e75b3ba9be74d1994b795c.jpeg

How are you still washing your hair? Did you resume normal washing. I had the same issue well I still do. However since yesterday when I starting applying  a bit more pressure I noticed more shedding 

15 hours ago, BirdsEyez said:

How are you still washing your hair? Did you resume normal washing. I had the same issue well I still do. However since yesterday when I starting applying  a bit more pressure I noticed more shedding 

Thank you for the replies. 

@JohnAC71 - I went with Dr. Bouhanna who is based in Paris, and I was very happy with the everything. I had 2500 grafts.

@MachoVato- thanks, that’s good to know. I’ll leave them to fall when we they feel like doing it then!  

@BirdsEyez- I’ve been a bit nervous with my hair washing so far. I use a foaming baby shampoo and only apply light, gentle scrubbing. Maybe as you say, it’s time to add a bit more pressure. 

2 hours ago, Smudge27 said:

Thank you for the replies. 

@JohnAC71 - I went with Dr. Bouhanna who is based in Paris, and I was very happy with the everything. I had 2500 grafts.

@MachoVato- thanks, that’s good to know. I’ll leave them to fall when we they feel like doing it then!  

@BirdsEyez- I’ve been a bit nervous with my hair washing so far. I use a foaming baby shampoo and only apply light, gentle scrubbing. Maybe as you say, it’s time to add a bit more pressure. 

Let me know if it worked.. also shedding can take up to even 8 to 12 weeks.. today is my week 5 I noticed more shedding then yesterday. Update me 

On 9/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, JohnAC71 said:

@Smudge27I have not heard of the Dr/Clinic, what made you choose them ? 

They are based in Paris, where I live, so not having to travel far was a huge advantage. But other than that I read some testimonies online and I even spoke to a guy in real life who was a recent patient. It was too early to see his results, but his early stages looked good. I also got good vibes during the consultation - definitely not a friendly guy, but ultra serious and professional.