Seeking advice for hair transplant

Hello all, I am at the 10 month mark and I’m pretty worried, I have these small bumps on the recipient area that’s are very visible when in the light and don’t seem to be going away, I have gotten in contact with my clinic (not yet ready to disclose) and they have told me that this is normal and that the skin can sometimes look like this and with time it will get smooth. I’m having a hard time believing this as I am at the 10 month mark which is pretty far down the line… they also said that I should use a dandruff shampoo as it would help, this has not helped and when I reach out I’m told to wait and keep using the shampoo. I’m a very worried. Any advice/experience would be appreciated. Thank you. 

E6E7876C-6C33-43D0-AFDA-458E756C41D2.jpeg

183DD4B9-B1F6-438C-B62E-B75A9FA04B39.jpeg

8444CB20-D236-4D23-88CB-15626F7792B3.jpeg

The bad news is that you have some cobblestoning going on from errant implantation.  The good news is that it does eventually settle down, but over the course of a couple years.  You could also disguise it with another transplant in the area, obviously one done with correct implantation techniques. 

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Moderators

It should slowly smooth out somewhat over a few years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.