Low level laser therapy

Whufcdanny95

I use LaserCap.  It is the only one that offers a lifetime guarantee.  It is by physician only.  Contact Dr. Arocha.  I've experienced retention and some enhancement of the native hair.  I've also seen positive results when combined with PRP.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Hey, I'm posting here the same reply I sent Whufcdanny95 via PM, since I use HairMax comb for probably 3+ years.

LLLT definitely won't stop your hair loss. I use it in combination with minoxidil and dermarolling. 

Those things made my hair thicker and fuller but they are not supposed to eliminate the cause of hair loss - DHT.

Finasteride didn't work for me too, so yeah.

Laser therapy is among the things that probably slows down hair loss and makes the remaining hair look better, so basically it probably works for me, but it is not something ground breaking.

In addition, according to hairverse article, in more scientific terms:

"

• It acts on the cellular level, which leads to increased cell proliferation and migration, alteration in the levels of cytokines, growth factors, and inflammatory mediators, and increased tissue oxygenation;
  • Release of nitric oxide, which helps to increase blood flow around the hair follicles, similar to minoxidil;
  • It can partially inhibit 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT, one of the main reasons for patterned hair loss.

"

So it basically is hair growth enhancer with some hints to  5-alpha reductase inhibition. Many studies founds its statistically significant efficacy in hair loss treatment, but still, I would use it as addition to your regimen and not as a sole treatment option.

Hope that helps.