How many grafts still possible

taza

I had 3 previous strip surgeries. First two surgeries I had was 2500 grafts and 2200 grafts, both failed. The third of around 2000 grafts was a success but I have now lost alot more hair. I'm debating whether I should go for another hair transplant or carry on with concealers.  By looking at my donor area how many grafts are still possible?

20210803_212150.jpg

• Administrators

Perhaps 1,000 maybe 1,500. Your donor looks sparse and you have retrograde alopecia. It also depends on laxity.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I got alot of body hair both in my beard and chest. I'm looking for a doctor who does a combination of back of head and body hair to scalp transplant. Maybe 1500 from back of head, 1500 from beard and 1000 from chest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taza said:

I got alot of body hair both in my beard and chest. I'm looking for a doctor who does a combination of back of head and body hair to scalp transplant. Maybe 1500 from back of head, 1500 from beard and 1000 from chest.

Dr Mwamba does this particularly well ! Just look at @mustangfor about the best example… 

Just now, taza said:

Dr Mwamba is very good with body to head hair transplant but budget is around €5000.

Worth consulting with and see what your options are? With 2 failed earlier procedures you need to choose a quality Dr. Even if it means saving or doing it in stages. I would have said Eugenix but they only do Beard/scalp grafts. 

4 minutes ago, taza said:

I will contact Dr Mwamba and Eugenix. What do you think of dr cinik, his done alot of body hair to scalp transplants? 

Nope I cannot recommend Cinik as it’s a low cost hairmill and it’s the techs doing all of the procedure. You need a skilled Dr actually doing the work. You cannot afford to take any risks with your situation. You can scour the forum and see Cinik is very hit and miss. They do a very high amount of procedures per day and the only time you will see the Dr is at the beginning when he draws on the hairline. Choose Mwamba or Eugenix and you get proper Drs involvement/skill. 

Please approach carefully. Do not consider any doctor not involved in most if not all of the steps in your procedure. If you can’t afford it now, save for a few more years. Something very small going wrong during the procedure can affect the final outcome. You want a doctor there that can control everything not just leave you at the mercy of unknown technicians.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice. I think I need to research more and not rush into anything. Does anyone know about Dr Bicer, is she any good? She does body to head hair transplant and she is affordable.

19 minutes ago, taza said:

Thanks for the advice. I think I need to research more and not rush into anything. Does anyone know about Dr Bicer, is she any good? She does body to head hair transplant and she is affordable.

Yes she is forum recommended and does have a lot of experience. Search the forum for her results.