Information on Gold City Hair

Hello all! I'm a 28 afro M who has been really feeling the psychological effects of MPB lately and after recently discovering that HT's were affordable for me I dived into research. Im lookin at Turkey for the budget to quality ratio. I saw two people in Reddit post their month to month results at Gold City in Istanbul but after discovering this forum I haven't seen a single post good or bad about it. Not sure if those were fake accounts (their posting history didn't suggest that, but idk). Could also be due to my poor search skills, but if anyone has info on this place I'd love to hear it. Especially if you've been there yourself. Also intrigued by Cinik who I have seen rather mixed results in here lol.

Edited by Mak93

Hi @Mak93, the clinic you are talking about, I saw it on an Italian forum some time ago, but going now to search for it, the page is deleted.  I believe that if there are no discussions of this clinic on our forum, it is a wake-up call.  I know that hair transplants on afro patients are very special and I think you should turn your attention to surgeons skilled at doing hair transplants with this type of hair.

Hey @Egy thanks for the reply. I liked them bc they have their doctor’s name on their site and their doctor is the one doing the extraction and opening the channels, which I haven’t seen be the case for most Turkish clinics. Idk if that is just a gimmick though or if it actually it common. But you’re right, the lack of discussion about it in here is pretty disturbing. 

Edit: have you heard news on Dr. Cinik? I’m awaiting a quote from him right now. Seems people in here either love him or hate him lol

Edited by Mak93
Added more to post

7 hours ago, Mak93 said:

Hello all! I'm a 28 afro M who has been really feeling the psychological effects of MPB lately and after recently discovering that HT's were affordable for me I dived into research. Im lookin at Turkey for the budget to quality ratio. I saw two people in Reddit post their month to month results at Gold City in Istanbul but after discovering this forum I haven't seen a single post good or bad about it. Not sure if those were fake accounts (their posting history didn't suggest that, but idk). Could also be due to my poor search skills, but if anyone has info on this place I'd love to hear it. Especially if you've been there yourself. Also intrigued by Cinik who I have seen rather mixed results in here lol.

Consider Dr Bisanga (BHR), Dr Mwamba and Dr Lapunzula for Afro hair. Or even Dr Arshad in the Uk. 
We had a fairly recent Cinik Afro result on the forum and it wasn’t good. Multi grafts in the hairline and not a very good design. 

22 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Consider Dr Bisanga (BHR), Dr Mwamba and Dr Lapunzula for Afro hair. Or even Dr Arshad in the Uk. 
We had a fairly recent Cinik Afro result on the forum and it wasn’t good. Multi grafts in the hairline and not a very good design. 

Hey thanks for your response. Can you link that post you're referring to regrading that botched afro job at Cinik's?

1 minute ago, Mak93 said:

Hey thanks for your response. Can you link that post you're referring to regrading that botched afro job at Cinik's?

I wouldn’t say it’s totally botched, I would say it’s not the best work 😔 Yes sure I will find it and update this post. 👍🏽

The problem with Cinik is it’s a hair mill and your basically in the hands of whichever tech team you get on the day. With Afro hair in particular you need a skilled Drs involvement. And one which has a proven track record In getting good results. 

Edited by JohnAC71

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Check this:

Thank you for the source. There's so much information that I'm being exposed to by finding this forum, even after I've already done so much research on my own. The biggest crux is finding reliable, factual, reviews and results from actual customers, which is so difficult on the web lol. I'll keep digging and hopefully find the placement that is my perfect ratio of budget to reliability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mak93 said:

Thank you for the source. There's so much information that I'm being exposed to by finding this forum, even after I've already done so much research on my own. The biggest crux is finding reliable, factual, reviews and results from actual customers, which is so difficult on the web lol. I'll keep digging and hopefully find the placement that is my perfect ratio of budget to reliability.

Please do research the Drs i mentioned here on the forum. Use the search bar to find patient and clinic posted results. We have people’s full journeys, which are always the most reliable. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:42 PM, Mak93 said:

have you heard news on Dr. Cinik? I’m awaiting a quote from him right now. Seems people in here either love him or hate him lol

@Mak93What I can advise you, is to search among the names that @JohnAC71indicated to you . Your hair is particular, and consequently, in my humble opinion, you must rely on a surgeon skilled in hair transplants for patients with your same type of afro hair.  The Cinik clinic is a low-cost clinic, like that of Resul Yaman (the latter recommended on this forum) that works more on quantity than quality (for this reason they have very low costs) and therefore alternate stellar results with poor results.  Even if you chose the option in which the doctor performs the incisions, you would never have the constant presence of the surgeon, because in these clinics many procedures can be done at the same time and the surgeon cannot be constantly on a patient  and then I repeat, afro hair transplantation requires a particular skill.   Hair transplant is not a TV that if it doesn't go well, you can change it, it's a real surgery, so you have to try to make the right choice, I know that the cost of a procedure for many of us is fundamental , not everyone has the opportunity to spend 10k on a transplant. I would exclude Lupanzula from @JohnAC71's list, I did not like the attitude of his consultanttowards a patient  who complained of his dissatisfaction with his transplant, you  also tries to understand, how he would handle such a situation, the surgeon you will choose.

Edited by Egy

I wouldn’t exclude Lapunzula based on the actions of one of his consultants. His work with Afro hair is very good. Ok so let’s hope the consultant in question has either been changed or asked to change their attitude. Unfortunately some reps/consultants doesn’t do the clinic they represent any favours. I have seen poor reps for most clinics over the years. However it’s your choice. I have just listed the Drs I know that have proven Afro results. Consult with all.