1609 FU from Dr. Rose @ Shapiro Medical

Well I am finally home from my procedure at the Shapiro Medical Group. I wasn't at all nervous because of all of the great experiences I had heard from all of you here on the forum. You all know how the precedure is performed, so I won't go into that, but I would just like to say that it was a great experience! Dr. Rose was a total comedian. He had me laughing so many times before we started that I knew I was going to have a good time. When I arrived, Matt Zupan greeted me immediately and intruduced me to another gentleman that was going to have his procedure by Dr. Shapiro while I ws having mine by Dr. Rose. The guy was a hair transplant surgeon from Ireland, but I won't reveal his name to protect his identity. I thought it was interesting that another surgeon would be travelling to the US to have his procedure and repair work performed by Dr. Shapiro. I spoke with Dr. Rose and told him my expectations, but he suggested that I hold back and not go too aggressive at this stage in my life because I was only 26 years old. I'm glad that he was honest with me and said I could always go more agressive later when we had a better idea of how my hairloss would progress. My frontal hairline isn't very agressive if you check them out in the photos section. I noticed he transplanted hairs all the way back to the back third. This makes me comfortable knowing that I won't have to worry about rushing back for more work right away becasue I spent too many graphs on the front. Dr. Rose is a caring individual and doesn't want you to run out of donor hair later. I like that and can say that my experience was a total success. I would highly recommend the Shapiro Medical Group to anyone. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. I'll gladly give you every detail you would like to know about my experience.

Well I am finally home from my procedure at the Shapiro Medical Group. I wasn't at all nervous because of all of the great experiences I had heard from all of you here on the forum. You all know how the precedure is performed, so I won't go into that, but I would just like to say that it was a great experience! Dr. Rose was a total comedian. He had me laughing so many times before we started that I knew I was going to have a good time. When I arrived, Matt Zupan greeted me immediately and intruduced me to another gentleman that was going to have his procedure by Dr. Shapiro while I ws having mine by Dr. Rose. The guy was a hair transplant surgeon from Ireland, but I won't reveal his name to protect his identity. I thought it was interesting that another surgeon would be travelling to the US to have his procedure and repair work performed by Dr. Shapiro. I spoke with Dr. Rose and told him my expectations, but he suggested that I hold back and not go too aggressive at this stage in my life because I was only 26 years old. I'm glad that he was honest with me and said I could always go more agressive later when we had a better idea of how my hairloss would progress. My frontal hairline isn't very agressive if you check them out in the photos section. I noticed he transplanted hairs all the way back to the back third. This makes me comfortable knowing that I won't have to worry about rushing back for more work right away becasue I spent too many graphs on the front. Dr. Rose is a caring individual and doesn't want you to run out of donor hair later. I like that and can say that my experience was a total success. I would highly recommend the Shapiro Medical Group to anyone. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. I'll gladly give you every detail you would like to know about my experience.

I'll amen those thoughts! I had mine done on 12/15/03 by Shapiro, and the whole process was far better than I imagined. It sure makes you feel better knowing that you are in very competant hands!

Dr Rose was doing some touch up work on a guy in the other room. He had already done a superb job on this fellow from his first surgery. This guy was 12 months from his first and he looked great! So I know you will be well pleased with the results. I certainly am after only two months, things are sprouting up all over.:-)

I just booked my HT with Dr Rose at Shapiro's on May 6th. 2,000 - 2,500 mega session all FU!(depends on donor area for exact count). We are billing it 2,000 + session.

Matt Zupkan was awesome. I learned a lot form all of you guys on here. But Matt spent 1 1/2 hour thoroughly exlpaining EVERYTHING to me about procedure, education, expectations, etc.

These guys really are a role model for the rest of the industry! They have integrity, honesty, highest quality work, natural hairline, explain the proper expectations in FULL, and they don't gouge their clients. Out of Towner's pay 4.50 per graph for Shapiro and 4.00 for the other associates to help offset travel expense. They are booked up.

Each Dr only has one client for the entire day. There is no rush.

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks guys for all you advise. I feel like I am in great hands now. Looking forward o meeting Dr Rose. I read his artilces on Hairlines and I have read much about his reputation.

[This message was edited by hair4good on February 21, 2004 at 06:03 AM.]

[This message was edited by hair4good on February 21, 2004 at 06:05 AM.]

Definitely keep us posted. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at justin.sievers@tyson.com, I'd gladly answer anything you would like to know from hotels to places to eat in Minneapolis. Believe me, you'll be in much better shape than many say after the procedure. It would be kind of nice to speak with someone that had a procedure in about the same time frame as myself. Good luck, not that you'll need it, and keep us posted!

For me, they used sutures at the Shapiro Group. I'm sure staples are an option, but they didn't even ask me what I wanted. You can see the pictures of the sutures in the "my hair transplant photos" section. I'm sure if you are going through a larger session, they would probably use staples instead.

Backnats,

When I had my surgery done by Shapiro on 12/15/03 Dr Shapiro used staples, I had 2460 FU's. It probably depends upon the patient and the procedure as to which method is used. Good luck!