Dr Bisanga - Worldwide - How does that work?

During my research, Dr Bisanga name appears alongside the very top surgeons. Looking on the website (https://bhrclinic.com/team/), BHR is in Belgium, UK, Israel and Greece.

• How does that even work?
  • Do patients turn expecting surgery by the distinguished Dr Bisanga and get the doctor available at that location?

Perhaps one for the rep(s) but also interested in recent patients experience.

Thanks for the question. Dr.Bisanga has trained and opened clinics in the above locations and has trained all of the doctors/techs now who perform with their teams there and there will be assessments and prices from those clinics then sent along with consultations offered. 

If a patient wishes to have doctor Bisanga in a specific location then that is also fine and we would book for that but it would be subject to when he is scheduled for that particular location. If you book for Dr.B you get Dr.B and it may work better to travel to Brussels depending on the timescales as such or if you are able to then wait for when he personally would be in those locations. 

I suggest for any location, email them in the first instance for an assessment and consultation and they will be able to also furnish more details regarding Dr.B being there. 

Once booked for surgery, your booking document would detail Dr.Bisanga or whoever you booked with for the surgery, there is no switching as such. 

Raphael has dealt with patients form Israel and Greece but the clinics would also directly be able to offer patient experience and results and have their own reps their now for the work so please also feel free to email any you are interested in and they are self -sufficient now in handling the inquiries and would be able to answer any questions specific to those locations also. 

Raphael would have more knowledge than me on some specifics and may add anything to this also when able to also as I have just given some succinct generalities.

• Like 4

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

No problem. I have been with BHR since 2009 and have worked exclusively for Dr.B and there has been reps for others. Now I manage the team behind the scenes more so, so Ian aka Raphael deals with forums and patients and we have a large team of reps for a good few languages. He has been tied up today and so why I logged in to reply.

Each clinic has their own team now and I do not myself work for Greece nor Israel etc who are part of the BHR banner but with autocracy to run things. I have seen nice results from doctors there and we have also now Dr.Kostis who is Greek but works in Brussels and also trained extensively by Dr.B and is working in his own right now. He underwent surgery 5 months ago and already has a wow result that we will share.

Any cases posted are credited to the doctor, so we posted BHR Spain and it was Dr.Teresa Meyer's name on it and now they post themselves.

Please feel free to PM Ian/Raphael your photos and information and we can assess for you in the first instance if helpful.

Edited by sl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thanks for your questions and thanks Stephen for filling in for me.

If I begin by addressing your original question -

On 7/12/2021 at 7:54 PM, MC10298 said:

Do patients turn expecting surgery by the distinguished Dr Bisanga and get the doctor available at that location?

Not at all. This is exactly the "model" that BHR Clinic strictly oppose.

Pricing for surgery with a BHR doctor is not inline with pricing for surgery performed by Dr. Bisanga and all such details are very transparent on all booking documentation.

The process of pictorial assessment and the subsequent graft recommendation summary based on any enquiry present clear details who will be performing each process such as punching grafts and making recipient sites. A full pricing breakdown will be provided based on the preference requested.
The majority of our enquiries are submitted/received via our www.bhrclinic.com website which is representative of Dr. Bisanga in Brussels and all pictorial assessment and graft recommendations are provided by Dr. Bisanga and pricing provided based on Dr. Bisanga punching all grafts and making all recipient sites.

If an enquiry is received via the website of another location (i.e. Athens or Israel for example), then recommendations and pricing would be provided by the performing doctor of that clinic and presented by the relevant BHR patient advisor.

21 hours ago, MC10298 said:

Clinical expertise is tricky to scale.

I couldn't agree more and couldn't have put it better myself.

Dr. Bisanga has been an industry leader and elite surgeon for 20 years. Many doctors have dedicated their entire careers to hair restoration surgery without being able to achieve the same surgical quality and/or consistent results as Dr. Bisanga, therefore attempting to match the quality, artistic ability and technique of Dr. Bisanga without having his experience is not possible, and this is something that we are very transparent about. 

Dr. Bisanga has personally trained all of his staff including his team of doctors and has the highest standards and demands of all of his team.

Does surgery at a BHR Clinic with another doctor at a lower price point guarantee the same quality of result as Dr. Bisanga?
No. If that was the case then there would really be no demand for Dr. Bisanga.

Dr Bisanga is the president of ECAMS, a member of the ISHRS and the IAHRS whilst also being recommended by the American hair loss association. His patient first approach has earned him an unparalleled reputation as one of the very leading surgeons in the field. He has worked extremely hard over the past 20 years to build such a reputation for consistent quality results and the very best in patient care. 

The hair restoration industry has changed significantly in the last decade due to the prevalence of FUE surgery. Many patients consider low cost markets, where the quality of surgery is generally poor and their approach and lack of respect for unique designs and donor management cause many issues for many men and women and the industry as a whole.

In an effort to give these individuals a genuine option of being able to afford quality and ethical surgery at a more competitive price, Dr. Bisanga has trained his team of doctors to be able to offer exactly that at their respective international clinics.

21 hours ago, MC10298 said:

Do you present work on the forum from doctors other than Dr B and, do you credit the work to those doctors?

Dr. Bisanga is an elite coalition member of the hair restoration network and all results that we share here are for surgery performed by Dr. Bisanga.

I am personally focused and responsible for surgery with Dr. Bisanga in Brussels which is where he is based and located throughout almost all of the year.
At the time of launching other locations, he has offered several weeks of his calendar to assist with surgery and schedule his own patients who may have found those locations more convenient.

As the founder of BHR Clinic (Bisanga Hair Restoration), he will continue to visit each clinic at specific times throughout the year and/or when necessary and may be available for surgery when at those locations. 

Hopefully that offers some clarity and by all means dont hesitate to contact me if you may have any other specific questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.