Dr Wolfeld reviews?

hey there - 

I'm contemplating getting an FUE surgery with Dr Michael Wolfeld in NYC, but I haven't been able to find any reviews online or seen him on any recommended lists. Ordinarily I'd just go with Bernstein or one of the other reputable doctors in the area but unfortunately I want to do the procedure sooner, as I am in the process of changing jobs. Has anyone had any experience with him? As I understand it he may have used to work for Dr Bernstein, so maybe he has done some surgeries in the past under that name?

Alarm bells should be ringing here... Anybody who’s readily available and you cannot find any reviews ? Please reconsider this. 
Wait until you can go to a decent/proven Dr/Clinic. Otherwise you will regret your decision at a later date. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Have you consulted with any other top docs in New York? Bloxham, True and Dorin, Wesley to name a few?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

As others have said there are several excellent Drs in the NY area. I understand that time constraints can sometimes be an issue. Many of us have faced that issue as well. However please realize that the effects of a poor procedure done at the desired time frame now can last many years as opposed to only a few months of bad timing done the right way. With that said I don't know anything about Dr Wolfeld to say if he is any good or not.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

As others have said there are several excellent Drs in the NY area. I understand that time constraints can sometimes be an issue. Many of us have faced that issue as well. However please realize that the effects of a poor procedure done at the desired time frame now can last many years as opposed to only a few months of bad timing done the right way. With that said I don't know anything about Dr Wolfeld to say if he is any good or not.

Sage advice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, shadowsauce said:

hey there - 

I'm contemplating getting an FUE surgery with Dr Michael Wolfeld in NYC, but I haven't been able to find any reviews online or seen him on any recommended lists. Ordinarily I'd just go with Bernstein or one of the other reputable doctors in the area but unfortunately I want to do the procedure sooner, as I am in the process of changing jobs. Has anyone had any experience with him? As I understand it he may have used to work for Dr Bernstein, so maybe he has done some surgeries in the past under that name?

First, welcome to the forum. This is a great community full of knowledgeable and helpful people. When are you looking to get your hair transplant? I've privately messaged you as well. Please feel free to reach out anytime. 

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

45 yo WM ... stage 4.5-5 male patter boldness ... was considering an FUE procedure

So I called Dr Wesley's office - not even a meeting until mid-Sept.

I saw Dr Stoller (it was a 2 week wait), but kind of on the fence with the experience.

Dr. Woffeld seems to have some availability ... but I am just struggling to find reviews I could trust ... 

On another hand seems these procedures have been so commoditized, that does it really matter?

(Saw someone on reddit mentioning that Woffeld was trained by Bernstein (and in fact Dr W did work for Bernstein for almost 5 years)

Edited by nyc_wm45

• 1 month later...

I just had 2200 done FUE with Dr Wolfeld.

Asked around about him - he did work a lot with Dr Bernstein and some of his staff (which was amazing) also came from Dr Bernstein practice.

All-in-all the experience was very good (I am only 1 day post op, so will post an update on the results in the future)

Photo on 8-6-21 at 12.44 PM.jpg

Edited by nyc_wm45

2 minutes ago, nyc_wm45 said:

I just had 2200 done FUE with Dr Wolfeld.

Asked around about him - he did work a lot with Dr Bernstein and some of his staff (which was amazing) also came from Dr Bernstein practice.

All-in-all the experience was very good (I am only 1 day post op, so will post an update on the results in the future)

Photo on 8-6-21 at 12.44 PM.jpg

Could you please start a thread with your result.? Thanks 🙏