Graft loss 2 months post-FUE operation?

Hello everyone, 

I am nearly two months post-FUE transplant and most of my transplanted hair seems to have fallen off. I am slowly seeing some regrowth, potentially including some hair that I may have lost due to shock loss. 

I can probably distinguish hair lost that comes with the bulb attached to it, to a loss of hair with some additional structure, eg some root sheath. 

What I have noticed recently is that a couple of thick grafts (potentially) have fallen off the frontal area of my scalp with more than just a bulb. This hair loss came with a structure joining more than one hair with it, typically 2 or more. Please see the photo attached. 

Can someone lose an entire graft 2 months post operation? Or am I confusing this with something else which is part of the follicle itself? 

Thank you for the help. 

20210616_141042.jpg

Well that does appear to be a lost graft showing the base dried up...it may be a transected graft that did not survive.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hopefully you have not lost any more like this.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Was wondering what your surgeon had to say about this?

Gillenator

Thanks for your reply. 

They actually say that this is nothing to worry about and hair loss can occur at times with some of the hair root sheath or a telogen hair bulb.. 

Not sure to be honest. I have only noticed a couple of those falling with such significant structure. Most hairloss was simply in the form of a hair shaft itself. 

2 minutes ago, DimitrisG said:

Thanks for your reply. 

They actually say that this is nothing to worry about and hair loss can occur at times with some of the hair root sheath or a telogen hair bulb.. 

Not sure to be honest. I have only noticed a couple of those falling with such significant structure. Most hairloss was simply in the form of a hair shaft itself. 

How many grafts did you have in total ? The odd one or two like the above won’t make any difference on the final result. 

Isn't this just a typical shed hair from a transplant? It looks exactly like a typical shedded graft before it regrows. It could have just been logged in your scalp if you were too gentle and it hung around a little longer. 

I wouldn’t worry about that. It could be simply a delayed graft shedding or a hair follicle that did not survive or even one that  is growing but went into a resting stage quite late. Hard to tell but I wouldn’t worry about it if the odd ones are like that. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hopefully no more.

Gillenator