Terrible eyebrow transplant results. Options?

Hello, for some foolish reason i had an eyebrow transplant a few years ago as a male. The result is awful.

What are my options to remove all the transplanted hair?

Excesion will leave scars right?

Laser is too close to the eyes.

So i only have electrolysis left right?

3 minutes ago, qui bono said:

I understand.

ive been looking into something similar for my hair and the issue with electrolysis is if its done badly you can potentially damage the surrounding hairs and remove too much - so it might leave you looking unnatural/patchy

you could try and extract the grafts but scarring is always a concern. id probably send a few consults to some HT docs asking about it

but without seeing it id say try plucking is still your best bet - at least you can control how much you want to remove and you have a short term solution

where were the transplanted hairs that were placed in the eyebrows from? were they scalp hairs or other body hairs?

Electrolysis shouldnt damage nearby hairs. Its a very percise tool that penetrates the hair root and burns it. It shouldnt (in theory) affect other hairs.

Regardless i believe most of my native eyebrow is gone because of the transplant. I think because eyebrow hairs are very frail the shock loss just killed them. So im not too worried.

While i am open to consult HT doctors, what can they offer? Removing the grafts will create FUE scars on the eyebrow which is awful.

Scalp hair.

2 hours ago, qui bono said:

doing consults will at least give you options. Different clinics are better at minimising scarring than others, while different parts of the body are more prone to scarring than others too (the scalp is more prone to it because of its elasticity whereas extracting beard hair from the chin is rarely an issue).

I only suggested doing consults as your situation is not that common so its best to understand your options.

so if you are only left with transplanted hair in the eyebrows, why do you want to remove all of it? wouldnt that leave you with nothing?

So you think it may be possible to remove the hair without scarring?

Because it looks terrible, i rather have very weak/ no eyebrows than fake ones.

Plenty of guys have no eyebrows. I just made a shitty mistake that i now have to live with

7 minutes ago, qui bono said:

I think your best bet is to do some searches here and look at eyebrow transplants, then message the docs who have performed them.

theyre not that common and so only a a handful of surgeons might be able to perform them (which id assume means they'd know how to remove them in an aesthetic fashion as well).

Thank you, thats a great idea

16 hours ago, Dutcherss said:

Hello, for some foolish reason i had an eyebrow transplant a few years ago as a male. The result is awful.

What are my options to remove all the transplanted hair?

Excesion will leave scars right?

Laser is too close to the eyes.

So i only have electrolysis left right?

I know that @Dr. Vladimir Paninehas experience with this. You should consult with him.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 4 months later...

Hello Dutcherss!

Did you find a solution to your problem? I also had two eyebrow transplantations and they look very unnatural sticking out instead of laying on the skin. I tried with laser but they came back. Where did you do it and can you recommend a doctor?