First HT not so satisfied result, waiting for second HT results

Unfortunate,

I am sorry that your result did not turn out great. It is my opinion that you were not a good candidate for surgery, given the large balding area, the apparent tightness of your scalp, and your age.

That you are having scar problems from the second surgery, and for only an additional 1400 grafts, is horrifying. My #1 did not turn out great, and I hesitate for #2 because scar is already wide.

WHY did you go back to Feller after your original experience? Did he work a deal with you? I am in a conundrum about my first doctor and do not know if I should find someone else.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Members and especially unfortunate.

I do not agree with the comment that emperor have made

I quote "It is my opinion that you were not a good candidate for surgery, given the large balding area, the apparent tightness of your scalp, and your age."

the problem could be in the understanding of limitaion of hair transplant surgrey as well.

Unfortunate, has got a generalised thinness of the donor area so he will always be thinner on the grafted area as well.

I tell people that if they agree to have about 30% to 50% of aparent density of their grafted area as compar to the donor area then they should get the surgery done. No matter how bald they are, they must understand the concept of hair transplant.

Not necessarily they will have a 50 to 60 grafts /sq cm, but they might just want to be a man who is thinning rather than a bald man.

4 months is tooo early to comment. in my experience what ever you see at the end of 4 months its about 15% of the total impact. so wait.........

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Originally posted by unfortunateHT:

Sorry for the late update.

Got my FUE done on July 9th - 250 grafts, it was a cakewalk for me after two rounds of strip HTs. Dr.Feller used all of it on the right half of the receded hair line which is behind my first HT recipient area. I have updated the gallery with my FUE Pics.

To answer the questions:

1) GQ and others,

I agree with Dr.Feller on weighted hair transplant because of limited resource and at the same time he has taken all measures to get a natural look when the hair grows in HT-2 area.

2) Speegs,

Dr.Feller has given exact same advise to cover frontal third part first , so far all of my HT hair went to frontal third part (2000 + 1400 + 250) = 3650 grafts.

3) GQ,

reg non-optimal growth from my first HT, I am not sure what went wrong. I hope this doesn't repeat for my 2nd strip Surg and FUE

PRP experience:

As I said before I got my PRP injection on May 26th, not sure how much this is going to help but I had minor pain in PRP injected area for almost a month. I wanted to give it a shot as I heard that there are no side effects.

I am also using Rogaine and 1/4th tablet of finasteride daily. If there is any improvement in my hair growth I will not be sure if PRP is helping or the combination of Rogaine and finsteridine.

4 months post second HT / 2 months post FUE:

I have Uploaded few pics, quality is not that great. I tried taking pics with both of my digi cams out of which these are the ones relatively best. I should get an SLR soon.

I can see front left side is bit more dense than right but you will the difference is not obvious when you first look at it. FUE grafts are yet to grow as its been only 2 months and that is where you can see a patch in the middle.

To my surprise i have seen one downside after strip-2, I observed that my hair density below scar reduced considerably. I wish this is only shock loss but its been 4 months and i don't see any significant recovery yet. It is little strange now that the scar is not visible but hair below the scar has become so thin that I can see the scalp 1/2 inch below scar. I have upload few pics too regarding this.

Yet to meet Dr.Feller, I am traveling lot these days and couldn't schedule appointment but will do it soon to get a better understanding.

I think I need to wait for at least 2 more months to see results.

I wanted to know if Dr feller offered you a discount for these procedures as he said he would? Or are you not allowed to discuss this? As i noticed previous posts from before from other posters about this are no longer there.