3rd transplant and still not sure what I should do

Steele114

On 5/6/2021 at 12:54 AM, Steele114 said:

Does anyone know if you could get laser if say I did want to remove the transplanted area and smp.  I’m just in such a terrible place all I do is worry about my hair all day and wear a hat it’s emotionally crippling at times.  I wish I just went the bald route early on but I freaked out and got a hair transplant followed by another hair transplant and a third along with smp. Now I’m at the end of my road trying to figure out long term options for myself. I could prob be a Norwood 7 if I didn’t get the transplants but I notice the back of my head thinning out more and more which will mean more smp treatments. I just want to be done with this terrible experience in my life and be done with it.  Would I just have to go over the scars in the donor with smp? Is there anyways to match the fue scars up with smp and blend with a completely bald head. I just don’t know what to do at this point but i am so done worrying about this. The smp doesn’t look terrible but in certain lighting I don’t like it and having a shiny inked up head just don’t look natural to me. I know I can be extremely hard on myself but I have never felt this bad in my life and if I can just find a final solution to this I would find peace again. 

my friend ım not the expert. however ı get hair transplant almost 2months ago. ı was worried about every detail of the precedure. overthinked too much. ı saw your donor area. ı can share mine from dm. ım not effective to use here . so please dm me, and lets do chat a bit.  

• Administrators
On 5/8/2021 at 11:45 AM, hairthere said:

The way you set that up I was expecting to see a complete disaster! My man you need to chill out. I’ve seen guys with horror shows between terrible scars from HTs and bad SMP work. You are nothing of the sort! In fact from what I see it looks pretty damn good. You’re a handsome guy, you look fit, have some cool tats and are keeping the beard well groomed. 

Pretty much this, your hair looks absolutely normal. We are our own worst critics. If I saw you in the street I wouldn’t think anything weird. Hair transplants are an illusion not true density. I’ve had three hair transplants and I still have a wide open crown. Never look to surgery for perfection. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, Steele114 said:

Looks like I’m prob just going to have to keep it real short to be even all the way around 

A6437016-F52A-4610-8350-87841EFBD775.jpeg

952215EB-0C08-4166-8114-2D3F2C0F8674.jpeg

445BE0F0-FE66-4DA7-921D-811B33DB8ED3.jpeg

ED588ADA-B19C-4241-9FC9-0720BB2E9B9B.jpeg

My honest opinion is that I think you actually look really good with that buzzed cut. I can't tell if the hairline is smp work or from your transplant, but dude, if i get to buzz down sometime in the future and look as good as you do I'd be over the moon. You need a change of perspective, please seek therapy, that is not to be insulting, I've also taken that option as it you need someone to help you work through this "loss of identity". You are being so hard on yourself while the situation isn't even bad, on top of that you look like you got great height and build and have a lot going for you. You're only 3 months post your latest surgery, you already know this is very early and you should not be thinking about much now until you see how all of that grows in. If i were you, after a full year of this ht, I would analyze the donor to see how many grafts you still have in supply and how many it would require in the future to transplant for coverage. That buzz cut looks like you're owning your situation and not hiding from it. You have a lot to be confident about, keep your head up.