Hair Transplant Questions

I have a few questions for an upcoming Hair Transplant I will have in Turkey next month, would be great if I could get some answers here, thanks.

1. Should you stop taking Finasteride and Minoxadil before the hair transplant?

2. After hair transplant should you still be taking finasteride and minoxadil?

3. How long before you can get a hair cut using buzzers after hair transplant?

4. How long before you can use some hair fibers after hair transplant?

5. How long before you can start working out at the gym again?

21 minutes ago, qui bono said:

1. Continue Fin. Stop minox 2 weeks prior. Fin helps prevents shock loss due to the trauma of surgery so its advised to be taken, whereas minox effects how the skin reacts to surgery so should be ceased. Always best to check with your doc though

2. Fin continue as stated above. but I think you can resume minox 2 weeks after (but again always best to check with your doc).

3. A month 

4. Depends on the clinic. Ive read Lupanzula and Bisanga aren't comfortable with patients using hair fibres post-op, whereas my own surgeon said it was fine after the shed

5. With FUE between 2 weeks to 1 month after. FUT you'll have to wait longer (a few months) due to potential stretching of the scar. Start off slowly in either case

Thanks for the response.

What is that spray called you are supposed to spray on your head after, is it something for antibacterial purposes?

Few more questions, these are really helping my anxiety about having an upcoming HT.

1. What is the best way to sleep after a HT, your head has to be upright with a neck travel pillow?

2. How long do you have to keep the headband on for, it is to reduce the swelling?

3. Are all the antibacterial and a bunch of medications necessary to take after the HT? What are the common medications people take after the HT?

Thank you so much for your response.

10 hours ago, qui bono said:

saline spray. you use it to keep the grafts moist and the recipient clean

1. I slept upright with pillows around me with a travel pillow around my neck

2. I never wore a headband. Ive seen some clinics do it (Cinic in Turkey springs to mind) but I think ice reduces the swelling just as effectively

3. yes antibacterial meds are necessary ... you dont want to get an infection

Is there a certain saline spray you suggest, and where can I buy it?

1 hour ago, qui bono said:

clinics always provided it for me. although saline solution is usually available in chemists as well as an applicator

Is it the same as the foam stuff the clinic provides, for example at Dr. Cinik he provides this foam stuff is that the same as the seline solution?

16 minutes ago, JovsGata said:

Is it the same as the foam stuff the clinic provides, for example at Dr. Cinik he provides this foam stuff is that the same as the seline solution?

The foam Dr Cinik provides is just something u put on prior to shampooing to soften area around grafts, not really a saline solution 

1 minute ago, Newyear newhair said:

The foam Dr Cinik provides is just something u put on prior to shampooing to soften area around grafts, not really a saline solution 

Ok so Cinik doesn't provide any saline solution? Where can I go to buy saline solution? Anybody have a link or what kind of to use?

30 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

No he didn’t recommend a saline solution, some places do some don’t from what I’ve heard

Do you know where I can get a saline solution??

4 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

Here in the UK you can get it from Amazon or any pharmacy, basically I believe it’s only salt and water and is used to keep area clean. Nothing a good soak with shampoo wouldn’t do

How often should I spray the saline solution after HT?

19 hours ago, JovsGata said:

I have a few questions for an upcoming Hair Transplant I will have in Turkey next month, would be great if I could get some answers here, thanks.

1. Should you stop taking Finasteride and Minoxadil before the hair transplant?

2. After hair transplant should you still be taking finasteride and minoxadil?

3. How long before you can get a hair cut using buzzers after hair transplant?

4. How long before you can use some hair fibers after hair transplant?

5. How long before you can start working out at the gym again?

1. Always take fin if you want to keep your hair

2. According to instructions I followed, quit min two weeks before & wait until 3 weeks after to begin taking it again 

3. 1 month for a haircut, to use fibers, and back to the gym