Shapiro or Nadimi?

Hey all, I had a hairline lowering surgery back in 2017, then in 2018 i got a hair transplant to help cover my scarring which ended in a failed transplant. I went with Dr Arocha Bernardino. I live in Texas and thought he was the best in the area, but my results were horrible. I had the worst swelling ever to where i couldnt see. I havent seen swelling on anyone else like the way i swelled, the hair growth was poor, very uneven, to low and pluggy. Also with a wide scar on the back of my head. I have the option to go back for a free repair but i don't think i'll risk that. Ive been lasering off the old hair hairs since august of 2020 and i should be almost finished. So now i'm left with a scar im trying to cover & creating a new natural looking hairline with lowering it as little as possible...  I'm deciding on Shaprio & Dr Nadimi they both seem to have great results and feed back from patients.... Any help would be great! Thanks! 

• Administrators

Dr. Nadimi is a great surgeon, as is Dr. Shapiro. Dr. Shapiro has a lot more experience. I don’t think anyone would say otherwise. That said, I’ve seen excellent results from both surgeons, and both are definitely worth consulting with. 

In regards to your case with Arocha. He’s also a very good doctor. can you please send me your name and date of surgery. I would like to reach out to him regarding your case. Communication with your surgeon is always critical.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great choices. I'd add @Dr. Vladimir Panine as well. He's been putting out phenomenal work for 25+ years and is board certified in dermatology and did his surgery training at Stanford. I believe his consults are free too and he's doing virtual consults. Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Feel free to contact me anytime and welcome to the community. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Nadimi is not on the coalition (yet?) but seems to be an up and comer who has been very impressive, studying under Konior who is is mentioned on this forum for attention to detail, and doing more of the work that is usually performed by the technicians. I am guessing Nadimi is also working under the same school of philosophy. Seems very worth doing at least a  consolation. 

• Like 1