Don't recommend Dr houssock (JEV plastic surgery in Maryland)

Nasau

I have had hair transplants and other procedures done with Dr. Houssock over a year ago,  and I have been really unhappy with the results of all these procedures. Dr. Houssock has a lot of confidence and she can be really fun in the consultations, which makes you feel secure and confident with the procedures you have chosen with her. This is great if you end up happy with your results, however if you are not, she has a way of making you feel like its your/your body's fault that your results didn't turn out great. It was clear that she wont ever admit it was something done on their ends. With the transplants, the office only spends about half the day on the procedure, while many other reputable places will spend a full day doing it - this is because there are some small short cuts, etc. that can be taken in transplants. Sadly I only discovered this after but encourage everyone to do that research. 

Secondly, the staff/assistants at the office have a tendency to provide medical answers/instructions, even though they are clearly not in a position to do so. I had several follow up questions I called about in my post-op days and instead of allowing me to ask Dr. Houssock, the assistants answered directly. In my post-op visit with Dr Houssock, I asked the same questions and was given a very different answer - Dr. Houssock even laughed that I had done what I did (as instructed when I called). Lastly, I asked the office not to mail anything to me that had their logo/info clearly on envelope - I had this discussion several times and with several people to ensure they wouldnt. And then I still received a big envelope w/ their info and logo all over the front. I didnt even get so much as an "I'm sorry" when I called the office about it but I think privacy is something they should take more seriously.

Edited by Nasau
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

Do you have any pictures of your results?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Nasau  sounds like you are very stressed and angry at this doctor. The best thing you can do is try to put this doctor completely out of your mind, cease further communication and visits, and just cut your losses and move on. The MD-DC metro area is huge and I'm sure there are many other good plastic surgery options around you. 

The only situation I would consider keeping this doctor in your life at all is if you think the doctor was negligent or any other case where you demand a refund or some type of monetary compensation. But even then, the stress of the situation may not even be worth it. 

TLDR: Cut your losses with this doc and move on

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

@Nasau  sounds like you are very stressed and angry at this doctor. The best thing you can do is try to put this doctor completely out of your mind, cease further communication and visits, and just cut your losses and move on. The MD-DC metro area is huge and I'm sure there are many other good plastic surgery options around you. 

The only situation I would consider keeping this doctor in your life at all is if you think the doctor was negligent or any other case where you demand a refund or some type of monetary compensation. But even then, the stress of the situation may not even be worth it. 

TLDR: Cut your losses with this doc and move on

Thanks :) yes, i moved on a while ago but also think everyone deserves to know. i think with women especially, only success stories get shared bc of stigma/embarrassment of FPHL

• Administrators

@Nasauif you feel more comfortable send me a private message. We’re here to help. Please let me know if I can assist you.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Nasau said:

Thanks! I have since found another doc who is great - and one recommended on the network

Excellent, glad our community could help in some way. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. Feel free to private message. This is a very informative and supportive community. People are happy to help.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, elenoreweight05 said:

I'm sorry you have had such a negative experience with plastic surgery. Fortunately, I am completely happy with the result of the rhinoplasty I had last year. It's very important to look deeply into the clinic, its services, doctors, reviews, and ratings before deciding. I looked for a clinic for about six months and consulted with those who had used their services. If you are very unhappy with the result of your surgery, you can file a complaint first to the clinic and then to the court. I can recommend Gartner Plastic Surgery because the attitude of doctors to patients, service, living conditions, and the result of surgery are top-notch.

has anyone ever won a lawsuit for a failed transplant in USA?  I mean failed, not botched.  Seems very difficult since they make it clear that results can vary.