Okay to request another doctor at the same clinic?

Hello,

A couple years ago I had a HT done at a very reputable clinic. As far as I can tell, the procedure went as well as it could go. I'm looking to get a second procedure done at the same clinic. However this clinic has two doctors, both of which are held in high regard. And I've been considering asking the clinic if I could request the other doctor to perform my next procedure. This is no disrespect at all to the first doctor. It's strictly a matter of my subjective opinion at the moment. I'm wondering if this is might considered disingenuous or in poor taste. I don't want to lose rapport with the clinic. 

• Valued Contributor

They're professionals. It's your surgery changing your appearance for life and your money. If they were to take it personally you would have to question whether you want to have surgery there. By all means it's your right and in no way disrespectful, etc.

• Like 2

• Administrators

There are a lot of clinics with two doctors, for example Hasson and Wong, I have come to find out that the team each doctor uses is different. They use the same techniques, equipment, but the personnel is different. As with anything, you can request the doctor/team you want to perform your surgery. At the end of the day, what is good for one, is good for the other. Same goes for True and Dorin. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

It's your hair and your right to choose your doctor.  Some clinics have doctors that work independently within them.  Other clinics have doctors that work as a team and each have their own focus and specialty.  Its definitely nice to go to a clinic that has multiple doctors that can be involved in your care.