revita shampoo and HT

• 2 weeks later...

Revita seems to be relatively gentle on the scalp as opposed to Nizoral 2%. Perhaps it's due to the other ingredients like copper peptides.

Either way, I would still consider this a "medicated" shampoo, and would avoid using it for the first 10 days while the recipient site wounds close and heal.

At 3 weeks, you should be good to go.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Sorry that the topic is old but I didn't want to create a new one, I am now 4 months post HT and I wonder if I can use Revita daily, instructions from maker say that it should be used at least 5 times per week, in order to have beneficiary effects.

I started using it about 4 weeks post op with no problems. I have been using it ever since.

I also emailed revita and they confirmed that it is ok to use after a HT.

Like Bill said I would wait at least 3 to 4 weekspost op just to be on the safe side.

Its a great shampoo.

Originally posted by stamos:

What is your experience from revita Acrobaz? Do you use it only the last 2 months, or you have used it and before?

I started using it about two months post-HT after reading positive reviews of it by trusted posters on this forum. Before that I had used Nizoral but had become wary of using it too regularly (Spex posted about this) and wanted something I could use every day or so. I can't say for sure whether Revita has made any difference (it has supposed DHT blockers among other things, but I doubt they can have much of an effect), but I agree it is a very very nice shampoo. At the risk of sounding like a cheesy ad, it does make my hair feel great.

On the negative side, it's almost ??20 a bottle (although you don't need to use much of it) and IMO it has a terribly designed dispenser which has a really weak clicking mechanism. If it gets knocked over in the shower and isn't put back properly, it leaks everywhere; because of its shape, it can only be placed on the flat end which is the same end as the dispenser. (That probably makes no sense until you have seen the bottle yourself.) Given that the bottle looks space age and comes in top notch stylish packaging, you'd think DS Laboratories would try to get the simple things right!

On balance, I have taken the view that it really can't hurt to use it! No substitute for a good HT though!

Hope that helps.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the feedback guys. I 100% agree with Acrobaz about awkward clicking mechanism.

Regarding the price, as per instructions I have to use it twice. So I suppose that the 1st application is for cleaning the hair and the 2nd for the DHT blocking effect, so can I use any cheap shampoo for the 1st application and revita for the 2nd to prolong use of bottle?

I don't know the answer to that question stamos. I take the view that I should follow what it says on the bottle - if it works, great; if not, well it is a nice shampoo anyway!

This is the official website for the product:

http://www.divineskin.com/revita/default.asp

Obviously it's a sales pitch but there's some quite interesting info there (if Bill is happy for the link to stay up). The ingredients are quite entertaining, including extracts from apple skins, caffeine and emu oil.

You can just picture the boffins working on it:

Junior boffin: Sir, the mixture just isn't working. We've tried banana skins and orange peel, but it's lacking that certain 'zing'!

Senior boffin: Have you tried apples? They're in season at the moment.

Junior boffin: Well, I could chuck one in the mix, just to see.

*Junior boffin throws in apple*

Junior boffin: It's gone green!

Senior boffin: Oh shit, that won't sell, it looks like snot. Quick, chuck the copper peptides in.

*Bubbling mixture turns orange*

Senior boffin: That's better. Now, let me just get that bottle of soap [*accidentally knocks in his coffee*] Darn it, now it's got bloody caffeine in it!

Junior boffin: Shall I tip my cup of Rooibos tea in as well?

Senior boffin: Hell yeah, why not. But we really need something else ... something no-one else in the world would think of, something completely left field ...

Junior boffin: Here's a thought ... now don't shoot it straight down, just hear me out ... how about the oozing fat from an emu's arse?

Senior boffin: Perfect. No one else would think of that. Can you get some?

Junior boffin: Sure. My house mate is a zooerast. He picked some up on his last trip to the safari park. I can be back in five minutes.

*He returns shortly with a small phial of congealed fat and chucks it in the pot. They both stir it up and it becomes slightly flourescent. Junior boffin tries it out on his hair, which immediately stands on end*

Both: Eureka! Quick, bottle it up!!

*They exit to the sound of cash registers ringing*

My Hair Loss Website

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Acrobaz:

... IMO it has a terribly designed dispenser which has a really weak clicking mechanism. If it gets knocked over in the shower and isn't put back properly, it leaks everywhere; because of its shape, it can only be placed on the flat end which is the same end as the dispenser.

Just ordered my new batch of Revita. DS Laboratories have changed the design so that the bottle can now stand up on the non-dispenser end. Much better.

My Hair Loss Website